• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Game day/chapter competition....input?

scrappy again said:
I
As far as chapter comp... I really think each chapter should pick the baddest ass rig the chapter has, and lets do a side by side bracket race type thing like rock racing. That would get some smiles I think.

Didn't we prove this already back in 03 that it ain't always the rig, but the operator.......all things being equal, all things are never equal.

Would be fun though.

Jeff, so true, so true. I would have so say though, if I set up a COURSE... rig is 80%. :D

jmaxj said:
i'm in what do i get to do.

You get to make sure we have a spot to do it! Goatman will be contacting BFE to see about use. If we cant, then I need you to find an area close to town, lots of parking, badass rocks, etc. You will be getting the call from me soon about it.

I think that a game day would be great. Quite a few of the NW chapter guys are skipping the TTCw comp to come to Moab, so we need to get our competitiveness out of our system.

Mud wrestling.....nude female muddin'.

Oh ...wait...we are talking about a JEEP event huh?

I'll be there all week, so I'm down for whatever.

How about a tug-o-war type thing?
Nude female tug o war!

I got into Jeeps because it gives me a way to see beautiful places, far away from crowds. That said, I do appreciate watching the display of excellent jeepin’ related skills, whether it be driving, fixing a broken rig, whipping up a mean dinner or setting up a camp. I would be more inclined to watch or participate in a competition that emphasizes skill over equipment. I have no interest in seeing trailer queen rigs smashed over, around and between house-sized rocks. A competition that randomly picks people from each chapter on the spot, without any preparation and pits them against each other would be a great way to get everyone involved and getting to know one another. All groups have their extroverts that everyone gets to know, this way some of the wallflowers get pushed out to center stage too. I guess it depends on what you want- an opportunity to introduce our far flung club members to each other... or something flashy that will look good in a magazine article.

Alex, the games we're looking at doing will be all driver skill, the rig won't have anything to do with it. We can have some fun talk about racing and crawling competitions, but that's not what this game day is all about. If the passenger has a bowl of water on their lap, or is holding an egg on a spoon, the driver needs to be smooth and precise. If we put a spot on the ground and the driver needs to park the right front tire on the spot, that's all driver. If we can figure out how to get that teeter totter down there, again, that's all driver the rig won't matter. If we decide to have a moderate obstacle course where we go for elegant driving, looking for closest to ideal time.......smooth and precise, not fast or slow, that would be all driver. That's the type of games we're talking about.

As far as randomly picking drivers and rigs for the chapter part of it, that's up to the planners and what folks want to do. You did spark an idea that we could do at the show and shine if we wanted. It's an equipment competition, and we would pit chapter against chapter. An MC calls out something that could be carried in a trail rig, tools, parts, whatever, and the first chapter that produces it out of a rig gets a point. Could be fun.

Referring to eggs. I once saw a competition that was pretty fun, they took a large clear plastic bowl ( so the driver could see the egg move ) and glued a large round magnet to the bottom of it, placed it on the center hood of the car and had the drivers go through an obstacle course trying not to let the egg roll out and break on the car or ground. The bowl I remember was not tall in height but large in how round it was so the egg moved around a lot. Just a thought.

I'm interested in a little fun competition :wave:

If there's time or interest maybe we could get a ladies competition going. Get one or two female drivers per chapter in a game. NOT MUD WRESTLING, RICK! :nono:

How about it ladies?????

~~Ardis

Santa Cruz Sailor said:
I'm interested in a little fun competition :wave:

If there's time or interest maybe we could get a ladies competition going. Get one or two female drivers per chapter in a game. NOT MUD WRESTLING, RICK! :nono:

How about it ladies?????

~~Ardis

Okay.....how about Jell-O?

Crisco?

:dunno:

scrappy again said:
You get to make sure we have a spot to do it! Goatman will be contacting BFE to see about use. If we cant, then I need you to find an area close to town, lots of parking, badass rocks, etc. You will be getting the call from me soon about it.
geez you don't ask for much do you:D

scrappy again said:
Come now .. when I need you, you know all I have to do is snap my fingers:cool:
oops forgot snap away master :worship: :worship:

how bout some sort of a geocache / trail / obsticle course type thingy

i'll be there for damn near 2 weeks, so the more games / competitions the better. :eeks1:

If this comes together, I like the fact that Richard wants to keep it open to any rig. Any game that excludes a rig because of equipment keeps it from being a National Club embodied day. I think a game day would be kinda cool, but I think more folks are gonna be inclined to want to 'wheel since so many are coming from a long way away and don't get to Moab often enough.

Now, for a crawling competition like Scrappy had mentioned, sure seems like Area BFE would be perfect. Establish a course, then make it a timed run with time penalties assessed for backing up and going off course. That'd be a hoot! ....... Unless Led picks the lines, then I'm out..... His rig owned BFE the last time I was out there. That climb he did at the bottom of the wash up that double undercut shelf with the 90 degree turn above that...... rediculous! :D

Back