• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full wrap-around rear bumper

Testing....its all about testing........
The Slim-Line Bumpers Detoursusa.com is about to offer have been on a
number of rigs for almost a year now, we're less than a month away from the
offering to the public.....final details are currently being worked out. Lack of
photos on our site is for a reason, those who have emailed us (Thankyou)
have been provided with the answers they asked. Final budget & pricing is in
the works.........tire carrier is also in the works for those who may have
intrest in that set-up...
Our Slim-Line Series bumper is not just pressed steel, it contains a rectangular
tube sub frame as well, the 3 configurations will be all diamond plate, a mix of
diamond plate and smooth steel and all smooth steel known as the Smoothie.
Recovery points wont cost extra, a 2" reciever will be available, and............
.....we dont powdercoat our products, its a waiste of money in our eyes.

Now, get out there and go wheelin already!! :us:

I just recieved this email from c-rock last night:

Our tire carrier should be available in the next few weeks and we will putting some pictures of it up on the website very soon.

G. C-ROK

I got a price quote on the tire carrier at $380, so it must be just about here. I've got to wait until the 1st of February anyways, since I've spent a fortune this month on an SYE, lockers, and suspension parts. Good thing that the only other mammal that I've got to account for is my dog! :party:

Robert

their latch design looks pretty cheap and flimsy to me -- just a drop pin. That's like what everyone was using 5+ years ago. Looks like the bumper ends stick out pretty far too. Otherwise it looks well outfitted. d-ring tabs, optional 2" receiver, tire carrier sits on top of the bumper, and it even comes with a lighted license plate mount. All for $575, which is significantly cheaper than even C4x4 once you factor in the 2" reciever.

They really need better pics and more info on their tire carrier (latch and hinge design) though...

There has been a lot of bad review of the business end of kennesaw mountain. I wouldn't buy from there if you paid me too. Do a search here and on jeeps unlimited and you will see what I mean.-------Kyle

i was just sent a bunch of links regarding their product and service... i think i'll avoid them.

i REALLY like c4x4.com's bumper but i'm not into the way it flush mounts to the back face. i'm sure it's strong but i'd rather have the spindle on top.. personal preference. anyone know of a decent priced bumper that offers the quality/look of c4x4's and the top mounting of kennesaw's?

Ideally, BPI's bumper was the perfect bumper for me. i've seen it up close and it'd be pretty tough to beat that quality but BPI sold the rights to it to PSC. PSC raised the price to something that's just completely unreasonable so now i'm searching again.

everything else I know about is all going to be in the $900 range... Warn & Durango4x4.

PSC/BPI and Garvin Wilderness are both in the $1200 range.

Rusty's has the TJM bumper/tire carrier listed for $790, and I'd certainly take it over any of the 4 brands above. Tomken's junk is, junk, and it's face-mounted like C4x4's.

Olympic probably has a bumper/tire carrier, but well... it's Olympic, 'nuff said.

And who knows when AEV's setup will be available again, or what it will cost...

ckh550 said:
www.carolinarockshop.com in Charlotte North Carolina. They do custom stuff. On their webpage they have a bumper that replaces the end caps and rear quarter panels, has two D-ring tabs, a receiver hitch and tire carrier. The estimate they gave me was $400 give or take. I haven't used them yet, but the bumper looks pretty tough to me.

http://www.carolinarockshop.com/images/products/bumpers/XJ-rear-01.jpg

http://www.carolinarockshop.com/images/products/bumpers/XJ-rear-01.jpg

Looks pretty good to me as well. Anyone running this bumper or know any more info on it?

-Mike

I really like my C-Rok bumpers. The rear bumper had the best clearance/departure angle of any plate steel bumper I could find.
bf5f.jpg

ba28.jpg

Last edited:
Red97XJ said:
call mike at C4x4 and tell em what you want. He will most likely suprise you with what he will do custom for none or not alot extra.

Jason

damn... 2 emails later and i still haven't heard from the guy. it's a little tough for me to call there during business hours. anyone know if he checks his mail often or not?

thanks...

formatt said:
damn... 2 emails later and i still haven't heard from the guy. it's a little tough for me to call there during business hours. anyone know if he checks his mail often or not?

thanks...

Lemme know what you're interested in and I'll see what I can find out for you (we're C4x4 dealers, so I talk to Mike fairly often).

Jeepin Jason said:
Lemme know what you're interested in and I'll see what I can find out for you (we're C4x4 dealers, so I talk to Mike fairly often).

heya jason..

see my previous post (#28) on the first page... definitely love his bumpers but can't do the surface mount carrier. like i said before, i'm sure it's plenty strong but it's a matter of preference. ideally, his bumper with the same carrier mounting as something like BPI's.

i've emailed him a couple times with pretty detailed discriptions and asking for price quotes... if it's too outrageous, i'll just build my own. I just figure though, that if i can get one for a decent price, i'd just go that route.

speaking of mounting, anyone ever see Rockstomper's carrier mount?: Rockstomper website

if i build my own, i won't even consider using anything else but this one... i love overkill. ;)

Well, I heard back from Mike and he said they've never done an XJ tire carrier on top of the bumper before (though they do build their TJ setup on top of the bumper), and that it's "not something that can be easily done with our [XJ bumper] design."

If you want, I'll take a look at my C4x4 rear bumper when I leave work and see how much of the main body of the bumper extends into the end caps to see if you could sink that Rockstomper hinge in there. If you really like C4x4's bumper, you could always just get the bumper w/no powdercoat, and do the tire carrier yourself I guess.

haha, I didn't ask about that, sorry. they stay pretty busy though and don't spent a lot of time on the internet. For "regular customers" the phone is definitely the best and quickest way to get in touch with them. heck, sometimes it even takes me a day or three to respond to folks over email. ;)

Last edited:
Hammertoe said:
Testing....its all about testing........
The Slim-Line Bumpers Detoursusa.com is about to offer have been on a
number of rigs for almost a year now, we're less than a month away from the
offering to the public.....final details are currently being worked out. Lack of
photos on our site is for a reason, those who have emailed us (Thankyou)
have been provided with the answers they asked. Final budget & pricing is in
the works.........tire carrier is also in the works for those who may have
intrest in that set-up...
Our Slim-Line Series bumper is not just pressed steel, it contains a rectangular
tube sub frame as well, the 3 configurations will be all diamond plate, a mix of
diamond plate and smooth steel and all smooth steel known as the Smoothie.
Recovery points wont cost extra, a 2" reciever will be available, and............
.....we dont powdercoat our products, its a waiste of money in our eyes.

Now, get out there and go wheelin already!! :us:

post some pics here. I can''t even get your website to open that is if its www.Detoursusa.com

Back