• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full width XJ 1st flex pics

diabloxj said:
i think the steering looks great. big and strong, and its in perfect line with the track bar. why would he have a dead spot alot of people have inverted T steering.
you've never been rock-crawling have you? that is not big or strong.

I wouldn't worry too much about the "lack of flex" there. It looks very balanced and that is a good thing. the uneven characteristics of a wristed arm do not seem like they would be worth the gain in flex.

I assume he's using the stock Ford tierod like I did, and while they may not be the strongest thing out there, they are certainly *much* bigg-ER and stong-ER than the crappy stock Jeep parts (which may just as well be made of wood). :laugh3:
Personally, I'm avoiding the wristed-arm deal because of the added complication to the system. I feel that the simpler it is, the better. And that's from the standpoint of both cost and breakage. I added a mini-spool up front to aid in finding traction. While not the best alternative in the world, it's worked fine so far and most importantly, I could afford it. I just have to make three point turns sometimes. :laugh3:
Jeep on!
--Pete

JeepFreak21 said:
Lee, I don't know if your'e going to be keeping the stock ford tie rod when you convert the steering, but I have a spare that can be had quite cheap if you need it.
Billy
I want to go 1-1/4 or 1-1/2" .250 wall DOM

Back