• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full width Dana 44 and Ford 9'. Maryland.

Randeezy868

NAXJA Forum User
Front is a High Pinion Dana 44, Rear is Ford 9'. Both are out of a 79 Ford F-150. Full width and have stock 4.10 gears. $300obo. Can work out something for delivery or pickup. Im in the Baltimore area.

Are they complete, if so then this is a great deal and i wish i had the money to buy them. You have anymore info on them other then the gearing, like brake style, spline count, and whether they are open or locked?

Last edited:
They are complete except the front calipers. The front is disc brakes.But they needed to be replaced anyways. The rears have the stock drum brakes. Not sure spline count, whatever was stock on a 79 F-150. As far as i can tell they are both open differentials.

The rims that come with the axle are old wagon wheels that are slightly rusted, and could use some work, but they come with the axle along with a set of the worst looking 35s you have ever seen. This is just to make the axles a little easier to move around.

My Xj is a 99. Im looking for a few things, Rear 3.5 or 4 in lift springs, Front Drop Brackets, bumpers, roof rack, tire carrier, any number of things, a winch, power window motors, a 4.0 motor, Lockers for stock axles. Pretty much everything. Im just getting started on my jeep. The rears were from a previous project.

i'm new to this... how wide is full width? and do they bolt up to xj's easy?

full width is generally 66-68" wide. our stock axles range from 57-61" wide.

and no, they don't bolt up. there is actually a conciderable amount of work that has to go into swapping to full widths.
there is a recent thread of someone who just completed a swap. check that out, lots of info.

Back