• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full-Traction Long Arm kit installed

Don't feel bad ... I can't find a way to post a jpeg period.

I did find a way to copy that one pic and send it a folder ... looks good !

Maybe someone can help with the procedure ...

Did Full Traction send you new rear leaf spring packs? I have had the kit on order for about a month now, but they haven't shipped it. I heard the rear leafs were too long so they had to manufacture new ones. Did you try flexing the rear with the fork lift?

jnackos said:
Did Full Traction send you new rear leaf spring packs? I have had the kit on order for about a month now, but they haven't shipped it. I heard the rear leafs were too long so they had to manufacture new ones. Did you try flexing the rear with the fork lift?

I haven't flexed the rear with the fork lift yet. I wouldn't be suprised if this was the case, however, because I've noticed that my shackles are almost fully extended and hitting the rear frame crossmember. In addition to the possibility of being too long, I had to add a 9/16" lift block to make the XJ to sit level. The rear was sagging lower than the front. I'm sure the front will settle a little, but right out of the box I think everything should at least be level...

I will say also that I impressed by how much droop the rear has when the front is flexed.

I just talked to Full-Traction, and they will be sending me new rear springs. I guess a couple of springs were cut too long and slipped by Q.C. and were shipped out. I happened to get one of the longer sets. They have been great with their customer service.

Looks great! I don't know if you remeber, but I bought that front skid off you awhile back. I have a question about your rear fender trimming; what did you do about the seperation of the two panels? Weld em together...?

I can't get over the pictures, they are awesome.

:peace:

How were these guys to work with? I talked to them at their booth in Moab, and they were the biggest bunch of dicks I have ever met! Hopefully their product is worth the headache, and six month wait.

logdog said:
How were these guys to work with? I talked to them at their booth in Moab, and they were the biggest bunch of dicks I have ever met! Hopefully their product is worth the headache, and six month wait.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with them so far. They even offered to ship new u-bolts with the replacement springs. Obviously, I don't know the circumstances, but I wouldn't base everything on that one encounter. That's unfortunate.

I have yet to deal with the seperation of the inner fender well on my trim job. I plan to either weld or pop-rivet metal to fill the voids, then bondo and paint flat black. Since it hasn't rained, I've just been driving it the way it is- just a little noiser than normal.

can anyone tell me if the brackets will interfere with the feet on rock rails. looked through his pics but still cant quite tell

Ramsey said:
can anyone tell me if the brackets will interfere with the feet on rock rails. looked through his pics but still cant quite tell

Can't speak for all rock rail installs, but yes, it did for mine. I had a competent welder cut my rock rail arm/brackets and reweld them and put them in a slightly different mounting area. Mine are 4" Rocky Road rails.

yeah i have the rro step rails, guess something i'll need to address

I made my own rock rails and worked around the control arm bracket. I had planned on making my own anyway, so it wasn't really a big deal. Are they strong??? Well, right now the rig is without a front axle and the jack stands are under the leading arm of the rock rails. They haven't budged. I've pulled my rig over by the rock rails after rolling it on its side with no problems also.

CAmountwslider.jpg

UCAandLCA.jpg

Just an update of sorts. I've been running this kit for over a year now, and I'm swapping out front axles with a HP44. In removing my old D30, I checked all the hiem joints on the lower control arms and the track bar. There is no play in them whatsoever. This was suprising to me considering how many trails I've done and since this is my DD ( I probably have upwards of 10,000 miles on the kit). I'm not sure how much this has to do with the kit, but my upper control arm rubber bushings are completely destoyed. They were marginal when the kit was installed, but still useable. Still, my only complaint has been that the track bar mounting bracket and the brace that goes under the oil pan have come loose on several occasions. A little welding has taken care of those problems.

Eric

thanks a lot for the update and close ups. how are the springs sitting after a year?

Nice looking jeep! Well, I'm about to spend the biggest sum of cash I have ever seen in my life and get the FT 6" with 33x12.50 BFG's. I'm real curious about the install you did. What kind of problems did you run into? Any welding at all have to be done? I'm in the military and am stuck with my jeep in Quantico, VA with very few tools available to me and as of yet, haven't found any serious jeepers around here, so I'm trying to head off all the problems with the install I can before I order it and start. How long did it take you to install? Did you work by yourself or with some help? Any tips at all with the kit? This is my second lift I have ever done and I want to make this go as smooth as possiable, so any help would be awesome! Thanks man! OH! What's the backspacing on your rims? Thanks again.

Capt. Nemo, many thanks for the update as this thread is about a year old. It's definitely good to hear it has held up well thus far. Do you think you'd do this lift again? I've read your posts with great interest, heck, I even used that funny "search" button!

Back