• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full bodied MJ on 42.5 boggers

And I yanked this puppy.

Bye-Bye big ugly vacuum booster. After work I made a plate to bolt in place of the vacuum booster and cut a hole for the hydro unit.

The push rod was exactly the same length as the XJ booster. Just has a lot bigger mounting hole. I scrounged around and found that a XJ drum bake adjuster fit snugly in the hole and a 1/2" bolt fits tight in the adjuster. lopped it off and that problem is solved, other than drilling out my pedal.

I was going to try and use the Chevy master too but the reservoir would hit my coil over hoop. I considered welding AN fittings and using remote reservoirs. May have worked but the lines exit on the driver side very close to the top of the Bilstein. If something happened to the coil over, track bar, etc. I don't want it taking out my brakes too. In the dumpster it goes.

The E-350 master worked fine before and bolted right up to the Chevy booster, so on it goes. The only thing I had to do was lengthen the booster push rod .80". Just needs plumbing...

Headers are all painted, wrapped up and installed. Brakes plumbed, Gas pedal made, redid my trans shifter. Tonight I hope to get the wiring finished, clutch plumbed, and maybe get the floor coated...

I took the stock chevy 2500 pedal and cut the pivot point, pedal and cable lock off it. Ill weld the pivot on the firewall, make a rod to the cable, then make one to the pedal. Should be butter.

that hydroboost fits in there nice.

freed up all kinds of clearance for your manifold.

Interior is done except for seats and roll bar padding.
Switches on the dash are: Ignition-Fuelpump-Keystart-Coolong fan-Lights-Wipers. Left side console is winch controls and Right is O.B.A.

Thanks. Not yet. Waiting on a starter and plug wires and some little shit. Not real motivated until I get all my steering parts because even if it runs, I'm still tractoring it in and out till it steers. I did order my ram yesterday and my fittings today. Wont be long.

More parts rolling in...

Used 1.75"x.120"wall tube and 1/2"plate for the mount.

Not shown but I welded 1/4" plate on each side of the ram mounts so it does not strictly rely on the bolts to locate it.

Then built a skid plate for it. I will replace the hex bolts with countersunk ones soon. It guards my ram fittings nicely. This was all built while sitting on the bump stops.

Back on all fours. I replaced the 175lb springs with 250lb springs. The 6.0 is a lot heavier than the straight six.

Thanks- Stock PCM reflashed by Lt1swap.com. I actually have two done so if one fries, I don't have to wait two weeks for a new one. I used the stock harness after I lightened it up, combined with a ebay ls swap fuse panel and a Painless toggle panel.

Made some trail gear knock off shackle mounts for the rear. Used an old set of Ballistic joints.

It did drive itself out of the shop last night. Started it in gear and kicked the tires to steer it. lol.

More parts rolling in.

Working on getting my hydro hoses routed. The steering hoses will run through the drivers frame rail. Cut a little window here.

Made a box/mount to hold bulkhead fittings. Then I can run two short hoses to the ram. Field serviceable ends and Carry extra hose.

So my Steering fluid reservoir has been a challenge. I wanted large displacement, two returns and a -12 AN feed. I found nothing available pre made. That's fine as I enjoy building my own stuff. I bought a 8"x48" piece of 1/8" aluminum. Then took some underhood measurements, built it in my head, then Marked, cut and bent it.

Drilled some holes for my fittings and set it aside till I could find someone to tig it.

Well I couldn't find anyone to weld it up for me and I got impatient. I fired up the Lincoln Tig Machine and grabbed some scraps I had left over and spent 4 hours teaching myself.

Installed, leak free. I kinda looks like Ray Charles welded it but its not bad for my first Tig experience.

One thing you don't see is a baffle system I put inside so it wont starve at any angle. Used a short bend from an A/C line on the inside of the return port that goes into a second chamber. That chamber holds fluid when climbing and side tilts. Also the second return line is extended inside the reservoir and dumps into that second chamber. Sorry, Probably sounds confusing. We will see how well it works. I plan on being at Field and Forest on the 4th of July for a good skakedown.

Radiator is mounted, Hydro steering is all plumbed and bled. Not Happy with the body to ram hoses, I will run them for now.

Made a hoop with .120" wall above the radiator. So when I roll it, the radiator should survive.

Made some tabs to hold the nosecone on.

All mounted up. So Purdy. Sucks to have to cover it up with body panels.

Still need to make some type of guard to protect the radiator in case the winch cable breaks.

Back