• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel rail and injector insulation kit

I don't agree, but it doesn't matter; changing injectors works for the majority of 4.0Ls just for the simple fact it's a clean part if nothing else.
That is the only benefit, new clean injectors. All the rest of the supposed "upgrade" is BS.

1) The stock injector shoots into the back of a hot and closed intake valve. Already plenty of atomization right there
2) These multi holes are primarily used on multi valve engines for a reason.
3) The injectors are usually not the same size as stock injectors and throw the fuel trims off.
4) Chrysler/Jeep changed the injectors several time through the 4.0L's life. Most recent was in 2005. If there was any benefit to a multi hole design in this engine they would have came stock with them.
5) They will not cause the engine to burn any richer as the PCM is going to achieve a 14.7:1 AFR.
5) If there is any noticeable different over a good set of stock injectors it is just temporary as the PCM learns around the different injectors.

Usually about $10 a peice the remans do fine. I did have an issue with a set that I hard to pedal it to start orbit would just crank. Was a lil odd but I got another set. Reman Orange Ford EV6 injectors. Work great. Maybe runs a lil smoother.

I initially started looking at my injectors Bc of the heat soak issue. Swapped the new ones in and haven't had an issue over a year

Back