• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel line fitment question

amfw

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of doing the 99 intake manifold swap. While in there I'm also swapping out the stock fuel injectors for the 4 hole injectors, adding a larger TB, and cleaned and painted some parts (power steering bracket, fuel rail, intake manifold) I also picked up a
Russell braided stainless fuel line with AN fitttings. Everything read says it should just pop on, but the section of rubber its meant to replace is about 18 inches shorter than the braided line. I got the new fitting attached to the fuel rail as shown in the image. My question is, how do I safely trim, flare, and attach the old hard line to the new braided stainless line? The quick connect flare tool at 300 bucks is out of my price range for such a minor project.

Also, I damaged the little metal insert on the fuel rail during removal, so does anyone know what's is called so I can get another one if I need to stick with stock? Thank you in advance!

P8DvU7B

A steel compression fitting could be used to terminate in a pile thread, to which you can attach a barbed fitting. do not use brass compression fitting, use steel. Brass should not be used as the brass nut cant take the force needed to properly seat the ferrule. usually the steel type is a stainless steel, you dont want it to rust. but again, no brass compression here, save the brass for when working with soft copper pipes only!

The stock fuel oring type fittings can be sourced on Amazon, or at local autoparts stores. My local AutoZone has the fittings on one of the rotating display racks of small parts and hardware. there are 3/8 and 5/16 nominal sizes. You will need two orings, and the spacer ring that goes between them, and maybe also the plastic mechanism that has the two locking fingers.

Back