• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Injectors

Wayne Sihler said:
What,s missing is my inability to deleate the whole post.
After replying to a post by FordGuy,I re-read the info and was wrong in my reply. So I deleated as much as I could.

The reply was that the connectors for the injectors had been changed for the 99-01 years,he already noted that and had the correct injector #,s.
Wayne

Gotcha thanks :)

so I am having a conversation with a guy who remanufactures these and he says the replacement injectors he sells for an '01 cherokee are 24 lb @ 43.5 psi, instead of 22 lb @ 42 psi. what kind of difference is this going to make on my xj?

hagermanfolley said:
so I am having a conversation with a guy who remanufactures these and he says the replacement injectors he sells for an '01 Cherokee are 24 lb @ 43.5 psi, instead of 22 lb @ 42 psi. what kind of difference is this going to make on my xj?
This is exactly what I ran into. Info I felt is not accurate. The flow that the manufacture of the injector publishes for the rating is not the same as the Vehicle manufacture, That is why you have to be careful when you buy injectors. Most injectors flow rate I believe is at a delta pressure of 39.15psi. So if Jeep uses a delta pressure of 43.5 you would have to convert the flow rate of the injector. I believe you multiply flow rate by 1.054, example if a injector flows 60lb per hour at 39.15 psi delta, then it would flow 63.2lb per hour at 43.5psi delta, does this make sense? I might be rambling. I think with the time spent, you can find the exact injector with no compromise.

FordGuy said:
OK, I have the part number for late model XJ injector replacement. The Ford number is 1L2Z-9F593-CA, they come out of 02 to 04 4.0L explorer/Ranger. They are 22lb injector at 42 psi.

isn't that a bit low? I have a 98 and the stock are 49 psi and 23.2 lb. I don't know anything about this kind of things, but I can see that they don't match numbers wise. Does that matter? being off by 1.2 lbs doesn't seem much, but 6 psi? explain please, i would like to know. are stock inj. specs just the upper limit or is there a range that its ok to fall in?

Thanks

Cipey

Cipey said:
isn't that a bit low? I have a 98 and the stock are 49 psi and 23.2 lb. I don't know anything about this kind of things, but I can see that they don't match numbers wise. Does that matter? being off by 1.2 lbs doesn't seem much, but 6 psi? explain please, i would like to know. are stock inj. specs just the upper limit or is there a range that its ok to fall in?

Thanks

Cipey

the higher psi will increase the 22lbs flow rate up to 23.2.

Back