• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FUBARXJ, now more FUBAR (aka why you need a cage)-

Holy crap, glad to hear you came out alright after that one Doug! Sorry for your loss! I wouldn't hesitate to lend you a hand if you need one for your next build.

XJ:angel:

Doug, really hope the More or Less okay means more. I'm actually glad there isn't video on here of the incident the vehicle results are horrific enough. Wheel On Man.

Thanks for the well-wishes and offers of help guys, I really appreciate it. In fact, one's appreciation of pretty much everything is much more profound after such an event. Here's a link to a crappy cellphone cam pic of the XJ where it ended up in the trees, and a vid of unloading it off of the trailer after getting it home.

http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/fubarxj/

Oh, and John? I may take you up on another unibody. I'll be ready to move forward with it after the first of the year. I seperated some rib cartiledge on my right side, it's a slow healing process. Even though it's been a month since the accident, my strength is still far from returned. Can't really apply much leverage on anything that uses the torso, which is pretty much everything.

444582237_1547775644_0.jpg

Wow Doug, that is quite the landing. I bet the recovery was something else.

I seperated some rib cartiledge on my right side, it's a slow healing process. Even though it's been a month since the accident, my strength is still far from returned. Can't really apply much leverage on anything that uses the torso, which is pretty much everything.

Like I said before, give me a ring when you start the tear down/rebuild. I'd be glad to spend some time using the breaker bar on your rig to help get your new XJ built again and ready for winter DD!

~Scott

Last edited:
Okay Scott, I just may take you up on that. I don't foresee anything happening until after the 1st of the year, I should be pretty well healed by then. Thanks.

Doug

Sounds good. I know having an extra hand from someone who actually knew what they were doing would have sped up my rebuild a ton, I imagen a quick rebuild for the winter months would be preffered for your rig (I know that was on my mind anyways). :thumbup:

~Scott

No shit! Hope all is well. At least I wasn't in mine when it came to look like that, what a bugger! I'm glad all ya got was some ~bumps and bruises ya lucky bastard! You're lucky your head is still attached!

After all that, you still have a good tail light! Keep us updated on recovery and if you need anything. I just watched the vid, you could just make it a convertible and cage it :D That thing is ready to go! If you're up to it, we're going to Elbe next weekend :)

Good luck with everything boss!

Last edited:
I'll help out with a rebuild.

Doug very sorry to hear of the incident. I wish you a speedy and full recovery. I would very much like to help out in anyway possible. Please give a call, shoot me a PM, or post up if there is anything that can be done to help out.

Best Regards,
Matt West

Doug,
WOW, that is extremely scary stuff to see and Im sorry it happened but Im glad to hear your ok and as everyone else wish you a speedy recovery. Im always down for giving helpin out in any sort of way. just let me know.

Get better soon

Tim J

Thanks again guys. I spent some time the other day pulling my camping gear out of the windows that weren't too flat to remove anything larger than a basketball. I'll spend some time next week seeing about maybe pulling all of the stereo gear out of it. The sub box looked intact when I carried it off the hillside, lower doors are decent so the upgraded speakers in there should be fine. Amps were under the rear seat, I'm sure they're fine. I'm a little concerned about the deck, since the dash got squished into a "Z" shape and there's plastic jutting out everywhere. With a little luck it'll be salvageable too. Then it's just dinking around for a bit until I'm ready to buy another XJ. I don't want to strip it down to immobility or get rid of the hulk until I have another one, just in case there's some small things I need to swap that I haven't thought of. At any rate, new rig sometime after the 1st of the year, build-up and swap in the months to follow, goal is to have another awesome XJ to DD and wheel by June. Oh, and not to drive this one off of a mountainside.;)

I'll keep you all apprised of my progress as things go along.:)

Back