• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS M38A1 with Chevy V8

BajaCurt

NAXJA Forum User
My roommate recently got married and needs to make room in the garage for his wife's PT Cruiser.
He's selling some of his projects.
First off is a 1952 Willys M38A1 (registered as a 1957, due to the engine I believe).
283 Chevy V8 with Holley carb.
T90 tranny, Dana 18 transfer case with Warn overdrive.
The tranny and transfer case were rebuilt by Scotty's in Fontana and have zero miles on them.
The Warn overdrive is a hard to find item these days and helps with freeway speeds considering the 5.38 gearing.
New clutch.
31X10.50 tires.
Not sure of the axles. He thought the rear was a Dana 44 but that doesn't look like one to me.
Front and rear seats recently recovered and gas tank sealed.
He started a frame off home restoration and never got around to finishing it. (too many projects going at once).
It starts but is not drivable.
Currently is a non-op with the DMV.
The brake lines need to be hooked up to the master cylinder, the gas line needs to be finished and the drive shafts need to be installed.
Rear drive shaft may need a different yoke.
Might need some other minor things finished.
This thing is very original except for the Chevy V8.
Once finished this would be a very fun Jeep to drive.
He's asking $3,000 for it but I know he needs cash to pay for her ring and the honeymoon (man I'm glad I'm single!!!)
Make an offer.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Here are a few pics.
Thanks for looking !!

Could be fun. That axle has 10 bolts so I'm gonna guess.... um 10 bolt?
I'd buy it but I never finish projects; I just run them when they get close.

"bolts" refers to how many bolts in the ring gear.

I think that rear end is an AMC 20 or an Eaton.

Scratch that on the 20, I went looking at pics and I was off. ;)

Back