• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS/FT: 96 ZJ Limited, Leather, 103k, 4.0L

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
Year: 1996
Make: Jeep
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Color: Champagne
Mileage: 103,000
Transmission: Automatic

Price: $4500 obo

Description: Hello!

I'm selling my my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) Limited. It has an NP249 transfer case (Full time 4WD - high and low option), nice black leather interior, only 103,000 miles, 4.0L Inline 6 cylinder engine, just installed JKS swaybar disconnects today, Hella fog/flood lights, good tread on all 4 tires, sunroof, factory Mopar fuel tank skid plate, factory Mopar front sway bar skid plate, rear roll up tonno cover. No dents. Only paint issues are on the hood. Minor headliner sagging - can fix prior to selling if needed. It's really my favorite Jeep so far out of the 7 Jeeps I have owned over the years. The only reason I am selling it is because I want a 96-98 Grand Cherokee with a 5.2L V8, or a 1998 Grand Cherokee with a 5.9L V8!

I'd like to sell it and find a V8 or if you have a V8 Grand Cherokee in that model year range without transmission or engine issues, I'd love to trade.

Headlights shown are NOT included. I'll install a set of stock headlights for whomever purchases it. I'll also change the oil prior to selling.

BCM_6832-XL.jpg

i-Cprpgfq-XL.jpg

BCM_6938-XL.jpg

Price drop to $4000. NADA is $4600!

A couple interior shots I took last night. As you can see it was dark. The flash makes the leather seats and panels look lighter than they are. They are actually very, very dark gray / black:

BCM_6942-XL.jpg

BCM_6945-XL.jpg

BCM_6947-XL.jpg

BCM_6952-XL.jpg

BCM_6951-XL.jpg

Thanks man! Cleanest interior of any of the Jeeps I have owned. $3500 now! I found the 5.9L I want.

How's the tranny? Good maintenance history? What kinda mileage did you See? And you're in PA Right? I know my uncle is looking to get back into a jeep after my aunt's got wrecked in the storm.

How's the tranny? Good maintenance history? What kinda mileage did you See? And you're in PA Right? I know my uncle is looking to get back into a jeep after my aunt's got wrecked in the storm.

Trans is good. No issues. I've put 5000 miles on it myself and realized I need to get a V8 to tow my two Trans Ams. I average around 16 mpg right now driving half highway/half side streets (Doing the gallons to full versus miles traveled). On the highway it gets around 22-24 per the "instant" MPG readout overhead.

What I've personally done since I purchased it:
-Steering box (Original was shot!)
-Upstream o2 Sensor
-Hella Fogs
-Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor
-AC recharge
-Front brake pads
-Trans mount
-Oil change

I think that's it.

Yep, I'm in PA. Approx 1.5 hours from Brick Township, NJ, 2.5 hours from NYC, 4 hours from Sag Harbor / Southampton (At least on a Friday night, leaving PA at 8pm).

Thanks,

Some more photos. They are camera phone photos though so I apologize for the lack of quality...

Oil pressure is perfect:
i-R9Kxzkj-XL.jpg

Climate Control Center:
i-xxX2KjH-XL.jpg

AM/FM/CD/Tape:
i-xRBFsvq-XL.jpg

Infinity Gold factory underseat amp:
i-mtk34P3-XL.jpg

i-ZMH45L8-XL.jpg

Infinity Gold sound system:
i-2ckmwxB-XL.jpg

Just a heads up - my Dad is selling my '98ZJ 5.9L for me. It's located @ 317 Pennington Rocky Hill Rd. in Pennington, NJ. I live down in Maryland now and couldn't take it with me. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you some details & whatever pictures I have on my computer.

Jeep is sold!

Wombat: Thanks for the info. I actually have one picked out and will be going to pick it up on Friday out by Gettysburg. Long drive (3 hours each way).

Back