• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS/FT 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

coolsurfer88

NAXJA Forum User
Name: Michael
Means of contact: pm me here or cell - 7572728924
Price: $6000obo
if a trade i am interested in a jeep wrangler, or jeep cherokee maybe an audi a4

Description:
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
-5.2 V8 w/ 123400 (will rise as it is my daily driver)
-Black Exterior w/ tan leather interior
-Gold Multi Spoke Rims (look good with the black actually)
The Good:
-242 T-case swapped it out when i bought because the previous t-case (249) is known for going bad(will include the 249 in the sale)
-3" Iron Rock Offroad lift kit
-6 - 265/75/16 (32x10.5x16) Tires on the stock gold and silver rims (4 tires MTR retreads - 2 tires BFG KM2's)(retreads have about 3600 miles on them and the km2's have less than 800)
-Jeep has all options except the sunroof
-All Factory Skid Plates (Front, T-Case, Gas Tank)
-Front Tow Hooks
-Rear Trailer Hitch w/ wiring hooked up
-Kenwood kcd-x590 headunit
-Cobra 19ii CB w/ 4' diesel antenna - just need coax to hook it up completely
-Has a welded thrush muffler which sounds awesome on the jeep(gives it a nice low rumble when driving)
-New headlight assemblies (old ones were faded)(also extra bulbs that are higher wattage come with it)
-New VA inspection as of 8/16/11
-3.73 Gears
-Dana 44 Rear! (handle bigger tires with less work)
-Great Offroad!
-New rear control arms (upper and lower factory style)
-New rear track bar

The Bad:
-Front bumper has an impact spot from offroading (i havent worried about it, i was thinking of building a high clearance bumper for it)
-Could stand to be waxed, the paint isnt bad i just can see a haziness when close but from far away it looks awesome
-the front seats middle seam has come apart, rear seats are fine
-When starting after the jeep sits over night sometimes you have to try once then try again and it will fire right up, has never left me stranded or taken more then 3 tries(only happened once) since i bought it for it to start (i think the fuel rail is losing pressure so once it builds back up its good to go)
-has a dent on the front corner of the passenger fender and some scrape marks on the passenger side of the front bumper, i was stuck offroading and when i got pulled out they didnt stop until the last minute and the jeep tapped a tree (not bad at all)

overall the jeep is in great shape and a blast to drive, i would just like to get back into a wrangler or cherokee again

if you have any other questions let me know..

Pictures:
IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

Interested in a trade for an 01 Cherokee, auto, 150K, Brand new 33"KMs with new spare on soft 8s, bumpers, winch, new KC lights n bar.
I'll even deliver.

01Jeep.jpg

i need to update some info..

the good..

price drop 5000 obo

a bad note..

the front passenger side signal and parking light lenses are both broken along with the header panel and the bumper below the lights has a scrape

the front shaft was a cv style and the joint went bad, i have bought a u joint style shaft but the front pinion yoke will need to be swapped out with a u joint style to run the shaft so the jeep currently is 2wd only but would be an easy fix to get 4wd back i just dont have the means to get it done at this time..

let me know if you are interested

bump for some new pics from when i washed it the other day after some 2wd wheelin where the broken lights happened...

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

the jeep is extremely clean and would take some very minor work to be ready for the trails!!

Back