• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS D30 HP TnT trussed axle

HandBuiltXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Bought this D30 off a fellow NAXJA member and am unable to use it with my IRO 3 link Long Arm Kit. This is a HP D30, non disconnect. It does not have knuckles, gears, shafts or diff cover. I believe the truss is by TnT. It would need to be cleaned up and all welds checked.
Asking $50 for it or trade for a set of rear shocks for my buddies xj with 6" lift. I am located in Oceanside now.

John

I have a set of front skyjacker nitro shocks. Stock mounting points on the shocks, if interested

The driver side long arm on the iro kit has a fixed sngle where the upper control arm welds to the lower. The upper control arm mOunting point on the tnt truss is raised up more than my long arm will reach.
John

How much more is the upper mounting point raised? Think it would still work for a RE long arm kit? If so I'm interested, I also have some used rear shocks from a RE 6.5 kit that you can have if you want.

I'm interested. I'm soon going to build up a D30 HP with WJ knuckles and what not to convert my MJ to a 4x4, this would make an excellent start! I'm down by the border, but I'm willing to make the drive up to the northern part of the county! I'll PM you my number.

How much more is the upper mounting point raised? Think it would still work for a RE long arm kit? If so I'm interested, I also have some used rear shocks from a RE 6.5 kit that you can have if you want.

I would say the upper mointing point is about 3/4" higher, but that is guessing from memory. I do believe the re La kit will work because the upper is not welded to lower.

John

I would say the upper mointing point is about 3/4" higher, but that is guessing from memory. I do believe the re La kit will work because the upper is not welded to lower.

John

I bought it, and after doin' some figgerin' I figgered the truss is going to want to interact too much with the oil pan of the diesel engine I'm gonna put in. The sway bar mounts have been hacked off, the C's are reinforced, the UCA mount above the pumpkin has kind of a weird angle. The LCA mounts are fairly burly.
I'm located down in south San Diego, 'bout 3miles from the border. If anyone wants to make the trip down, I'll let it go for the $50 I bought it for.
I've got a couple of pics in this imgur album.
PM if you want it.
BTW, Handbuilt's XJ is sweet.

Yea, the bumpstops are welded on crooked. I'm kinda curious of any one actually ran this axle, or if it's just been passed from one Naxja member to another.

Back