• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 97 XJ built 89,000 miles

carmannj

NAXJA Forum User
DSC02525.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

IMG_9273.jpg

DSC02527.jpg

1997 Cherokee - 89,000 miles, black with tan interior
Engine - 4.0L HO
Transmission - automatic AW4
Transfer case - NP231 w/slip yoke eliminator.
Driveshafts - Front and Rear Tom Woods driveshafts.
Front axle - HP D30, OX locker, Alloy axle seals, and Warn manual hub conversion kit.
Rear axle - 8.25 rear, Powertrax no-slip locker w/Rocky Road 8.25 diff guard, and ZJ rear disc brake conversion.
Gear ratio - Yukon 4.56's
Lift kit - Rubicon Express 6.5" of actual lift, RE drop brackets, RE support braces, RE 3781 UCA's, Skyjacker extreme drop pitman, RE 1660 HD track bar+1665 bracket, RE 1670 brace, RE mono's, RE front coils, RE full leaf packs, RE boomerang shackles.
Tires - 35"x12.5"x16" TrXus MT's like new less than 1500 miles
Wheels - Rockcrawler 97's 16x8's like new less than 1500 miles
Bumpers - Detours Slimline rear bumper w/ 2" receiver, Swing out tire carrier, D-rings, and Aux. back up lights. Protofab 4x4 front Rocksolid winch bumper w/pre runner bar and 10,000lb tow hooks.
Winch - Mile Marker 9000lb winch
Other add ons - Corbeau Moab driver's seat, Moutaineer interior cargo rack, Dynomax exhaust, AJ's Super Square rock rails, front skid plate, engine + trans. skid plate, gas tank skid plate, Cobra CB, Firestik FS II 4ft antenna, ZJ tie rod upgrade,, C-rok inner steering plate, CSF 3 core rad, FlowKooler water pump, Mean Green Alt, H4 headlight conv., Big Offroad heavy duty headlight harness, Odyssey DT1500 AGM battery.
I have only put about 20,000 miles on this rig since I bought it stock and started building it in the winter of 05 so nothing I have put on this rig has more miles than that. Warn hub conv has less than 6k miles on them, Gears and lockers have less than 5K, tires have less than 1500 miles nothing is worn out or beaten. Can't buy a Cherokee with this mileage and build it with the same parts for that price. I think that about covers the details please PM me with any questions or email me at [email protected] I'm looking to get $7500 for my rig PM me with any interest. I haven't put it on craig's list yet but if it doesn't go here I will probably list it for more on there. I would like to see it go to somebody who will take care of it not just take it out and ruin it.

Thanks,
Carman

Last edited:
That is a nice build. You should think about parting out some of the items you have on your jeep and just replace with stock. I can see you easily getting more than what you ask for the whole jeep. I would love that rear bumper and if I had the cash on hand I'd buy the whole jeep just to turn it back to stock and part the rest out.

That is a nice build. You should think about parting out some of the items you have on your jeep and just replace with stock. I can see you easily getting more than what you ask for the whole jeep. I would love that rear bumper and if I had the cash on hand I'd buy the whole jeep just to turn it back to stock and part the rest out.

Thanks I am going to miss this rig when it's gone!! I know what you mean about parting it out but I don't have the time or space to do it. I'm active duty U.S. Coast Guard and deploy reguarly which would also make it near impossible to part out!

Carman

Back