• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 97 Cherokee Sport on 36's

XJfreakHO

NAXJA Forum User
Name: Eric

Means of Contact: 336-430-7842 or Message Me

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport, Blue

Miles: 207k on body, 40k on rebuilt engine/trans/t case (so I was told, runs great no issues)

Price: 4000 obo/ Open to trade offers of equal Value

Title: Clean and in Hand

The Good:

8 inches of lift, short arm kit
Power Windows
Power Locks
Towing Package
CD player
4.0 High Output
Great 4x4 NP 231
Great Trans, No Slippage, AW4
SYE
4.56 gears
upgraded steering/tie rod/etc...
Nice fake beadlock wheels

The Bad: Bald 36 tsl's, trail damage/body damage/previous owner cut fenders badly. Welded Rear/lincoln locker, cracked windshield. Hatch was put on poorly and is a different color

Ive only had the jeep about a week or less but have found something else I would like to get... Comes with the warn xd9000i (needs remote) has a reciever mount... Comes with everything I got it with except I will have fixxed all the little odds and ends. Difs are not leaking, replaced the front pinion seal and all the dif fluids and no longer have the leaks.

Open to trades but really would prefer cash...

1997jeep010.jpg

1997jeep009.jpg

1997jeep008.jpg

1997jeep006.jpg

Brothers jeep and mine in the back...
1997jeep004.jpg

1997jeep002.jpg

1997jeep001.jpg

I have done alot of work on this jeep in the last few days planning to go to uwharrie (and if this doesn't sell I still will be) I don't keep many receipts but my autozone account should show most of the purchases, I have spent approx 350 on fuel (filled it up and towed it home) over 500 in parts so far, alot of used parts from friends who I haven't paid yet but also alot of new parts from autozone.

Probably alot more mods I just cannot remember right now...

Last edited:
Got the jeep fixxed today, did rear blocks temporarily and bought some 6 degree pinion wedges to adjust it, replaced all the bolts. Planning on a rear disc conversion in the next week, putting a set of 35 BFG A/Ts on it tommorrow for the trip to uwharrie, buying proper shocks because the guy was a halfasser, so gonna put another few hundred bucks into it... 4000 firm.

Back