• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 93 XJ 3' lift $800 - project

Moo Moo Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
For sale 1993 Cherokee XJ with 174K miles. It runs and drives but doesn’t stop J Jeep needs brakes (details below). Engine runs good. I bought this XJ several years ago with a plan to make it a dedicated trail rig but now I don’t have time to work on it and have to make some room in my driveway so I have to sell it. I have 3 XJ’s so this one must go. I did some work but several things need to be still fixed. Gauges, lights, A/C and heating don’t work. There are 3 or 4 holes in the floor (see pictures) but nothing major. There is some rust. Right rear tail lamp is cracked.

Drivetrain & brakes
4.0L motor runs good, AX-15 5-sp manual transmission, NP-231 t-case. Dana 30 front axle w/4.88 gears, open. Chrysler 8.25 rear axle w/3.07 gears. I meant to change the whole rear axle to D44 w/matching 4.88 gears but run out of time. Rear driveshaft not installed but included in the sale. Cherry bomb muffler. No rear brakes (no drums, no shoes, no hardware). No soft or hard brake lines, the ones are on the Jeep are no good. Brake power buster not installed but included.

Suspension
Front: coil springs w/about 3-3.5” lift painted black (most likely Skyjacker b/c they were red before I wire brushed them and painted); Nitro shocks most likely Bilstein b/c they were made in Germany and were blue before I painted them black (too long for 3” lift, good for about 5”; I wanted to put 2” spacers for higher lift to match shocks); stock control arms.
Rear: rusted leaf springs with add a leaves (about 3” of lift); stock shackles, ProComp shocks painted black (too long for 3” lift, good for about 5”; I wanted to put longer shackles for higher lift to match shocks); right axle shock stud has broken tread; new Rough Country bar pin eliminators (I cut 2 holes in trunk area to install bolts for them).

Tires & wheels
Stock steel wheels painted black. 4 stock Goodyear Wrangler 235/75R15 tires but 3 different models of them. Tread between 50% and almost brand new.

Exterior
Rocker panels were cut by PO. He also welded tubes as a rocker protection. To stop the rust I wire brushed and painted black tubes and underside between unit body rails and the tubes. No front or rear bumper. Rear bumper in the pictures not included. I painted header panel and front fenders green but it’s different green than the rest of the Jeep. Wheel wells were cut for clearance. It has Wrangler cut flares front and rear. You should be able to run 33” tires with 3” lift or 35” tires with 5” lift. Front and rear doors have been modified to be easily removed. Front doors have small rotten holes in lower part (see pics) but I sanded and painted black lower part of all doors to stop rust. Rear quarter panels have been cut and bent for clearance.

Interior
Front cloth manual seats. Manual windows, manual door locks and mirrors. No carpet, no rear seat, no rear seat belts, no trunk plastic bezels. Gauges, lights, A/C and heating don’t work. There are 3 or 4 rotten holes in the floor but nothing major (see pictures).

I can include some parts that I wanted to install for additional fee: used 2” coil spacers, NIB Rough Country 2” shackles, new Rubicon Express extended brake lines, new leaf spring u-bolts, used D44 3.92-up carrier, rear XJ Dana 44 empty housing and disc brake brackets (I think from Ford 8.8).

Jeep is located in Linden NJ 07036. It needs to be trailed b/c of no brakes. Price is $800 OBO. Email me for pictures at cool4x4bull at hotmail.com.

Lower price $700 OBO. I can deliver XJ to RC park this Saturday for gas money plus price of U-haul trailer rental. I'd need serious buyer and deposit to do that.

Couple updates:
1. It looks like I had brain black out when I wrote 231 t-case. It has 242 t-case with Full-Time feature not 231.
2. Today I put front of the Jeep on jackstands (only front driveshaft is connected), started the engine and shifted through all gears several times. No grinding or any other funny noises.
3. If you close rear hatch you can't open it from outside only from inside through cut out hole in plastic panel.

I might part this XJ out if I find enough interest for parts. Make me offer. I can ship smaller parts on buyer’s dime but big ones need to be picked up or I can deliver them for gas money (I'm getting 12-14MPG on highway from my truck). I might be coming to RC at the end of October so then can take almost anything with me, maybe except for motor and the whole body.

OK it's official I'm parting my XJ out. Whateve is left I'm taking to junk yard by the end of next week. Before I list the parts I have couple updates:
1. I check the title and it says 209,352 miles not 174xxx miles like cluster. I guess PO changed gauge cluster which would explane mileage difference and gauges not working.
2. I can't start motor anymore. I think fuel pump quit working b/c I can't hear it buzzing anymore after I turn ignition key. Last week I could hear it working and motor was running well.

I can ship smaller parts on buyer’s dime but big ones need to be picked up or I can deliver them for gas money. Most likely I will be in RC at the end of October so I can take almost anything with me. I can take more pictures just ask what you need. All prices OBO.

I will take trades for 35”-37” Pitbull Rocker or Nitto Mud Grappler tires and for XJ parts like rock sliders, HD front and rear bumpers, aftermarket or stock front or gas tank skid plate, aftermarket motor/trany skid plate, light bar, rear quarter armor, tube doors, interior storage drawers interior storage basket or some other aftermarket XJ parts.

Motor, drivetrain & miscellaneous
Complete motor 4.0L w/harness, computer and all accessories (intake, exhaust manifold, starter, alternator, power steering pump etc.) $250
Radiator $25
Trany AX-15 $175
T-case NP-242 $75
Motor, trany & t-case $450
Motor & trany $400
Exhaust w/cat and cherry bomb muffler (nice low exhaust sound) $40
Metal gas tank (looks pretty new) $30
Front CV driveshaft $20
Rear driveshaft with slip yoke $10
Front axle HP Dana 30 complete w/steering, track bar and brakes rotors and calipers (might need to be replaced) w/4.88 gears, welded u-joints, LP diff cover $250
I can sell 4.88 gears with carrier and bearings $150 but then I’m keeping axle shafts.
Rear axle Chrysler 8.25 rusted, 3.07 gears, no brakes (no drums, no shoes, no harware) $30

Suspension, Steering, Wheels and Tires
3" coil springs $50
Front nitro shocks good for about 5", made in Germany, were blue before I painted them black so they might be Bilstein, new black boots. I’m not sure but I think I removed them from lifted Wrangler YJ long time ago. $30 for both,
2 stock upper arms $10
2 stock lower arms $10
All 4 arms $15
Rear ProComp shocks painted black, new black boots, good for 5" of lift, 1 has ding but works ok $15
Power steering box $25
Steering wheel $10
Steering column with key $15
Stock steel wheels 15x8 painted black. 4 stock Goodyear Wrangler 235/75R15 tires but 3 different models of them. 2 have about 50% and 2 almost brand new. $40 each new one (I paid $45 for 1 of them), $20 each used. Spare doughnut $15. $100 for all 5.

Body and interior
The whole body with whatever left :) and clear title (209352 miles) $100
Hood $25
Header panel $20
Front fenders $30 for both or $20 for each
4 Wrangler stock cut flares $20
Front and rear doors have been modified to be easily removed. Front doors have small rotten holes in lower part (see pics) but I sanded and painted black lower part of all doors to stop rust. Manual windows, door locks and mirrors.
Rear hatch. If closed can be opened only from inside that’s why inside plastic panel is cut next to the lock.
2 front doors $50
2 rear doors $50
All 4 doors $80
Beige front seats with brackets and sliders $20 each or $30 for both
Beige center console $15
Beige dash $20

Free stuff if you pick it up. Sorry no shipping on these.
Dual-diaphrame brake booster
Gauge cluster
Gas pedal
Radiator overflow bottle
Washer fluid bottle
Head lamps
Tail lamps (right one cracked and have hole)
Turn signal lenses (might have some cracks)
Leaf springs (rusted) and stock shackles if buyer removes them

Back