• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 8.25

99SJ_Ex

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

So I believe Josh did something similar a while back so now I'm going to try it... I am going to be swapping a Ford 8.8 into the rear of my Heep and therefore the Chrysler 8.25 is up for sale! One condition though, you can't get it till I swap it out. I am asking $125 Black Members, $100 Red Members

Due to size, I don't feel shipping would be reasonable for anyone... So pick-up or meet somewhere within reason (maybe for gas $$).

Specs:
Miles (To Date) - 128,267
Drum Brakes (20k-40k left!)
Passenger Side shock mount has been replaced.
3.55 gears
Relatively New U-bolts included (less than 600miles on them)
Diff Fluid changed after every offroad event
The quicker it sells the quicker its swapped out, the quicker you get it...

Good luck with the sale man. I had some interest in the shafts, but no real bites on the assembly. It's still under my pile. I've got all I need to do the swap, but now that I'm without larger tires, I have little reason to get to the swapping since the spring perches I have for it are U-bolt eliminators... Kinda in limbo without those tires. I was just about to get to work on that bastage.

But this is a great swap for those that have D35s. Plenty more beef and no extra work to get it in there. Bolt on strength.

So are you going to use the u-bolt elims?? Thats all I have left before I can get the swap done...

If not, how much you want for em?

It is the perfect swap for the D35, so true...

Oh, I'm gonna do it. It just depends on when I get bigger tires again. The parts will sit until I can finish the build. And a nice amount of information to have is that the carrier break for the 8.25 is somewhere around 2.73 or something, so a new carrier to go to 4.10 gears isn't necessary.

Yes, that is correct, I was going to go that route, but came across this 2000 Exp 8.8 with disc brakes, 4.10s and LSD for $125... Couldn't pass it up...

To those with D35s that are interested, the 8.25 is ranked at almost par with a D44... And for the price I'm selling it for, its well worth it...

Back