• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 2000 XJ Sport 3" Pro Comp Lift

mortalim

NAXJA Forum User
I have a black 2000 XJ that I put about $2200 into and proceeded to roll onto it's side :twak:.

I have it posted on craigslist.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3079495462.html

It did not roll all the way over so the damage is just the right side, and a little kink in the b-rail. It does already have a salvage title, which I found out when I registered it in CO - so the left side isn't perfectly straight - but you can't really see it without looking closely. All the left side parts are good. The interior is in really good condition still. The hood needs paint.

A Few Facts:
115k Miles
New Fuel Pump 6 months ago.
Pro Comp 3" lift (stock leaf springs and add-a-leafs replaced with: see below)

Stuff Recently Installed and Cost Paid:
BPI Fab Front winch bumper with bull bar. $650
Set of (4) Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 31x10.50 r15. (Still Like New) $180ea
Skyjacker 3" Softride Leaf Springs ~$400
Ball Joints $60
Pro Comp ES3000 rear shocks (front are ES9000 w/original lift) ~$90
Of course I installed everything myself, besides the tires.

Just trying to recover some of the cost so I can start a new project!

I'm either looking for parts (right fender, right doors, windshield), willing to sell the bumper and the tires (but I don't really want to part it out), or the whole thing as it is. I'd like to get $2000 as it is, or $600 for the tires, and $600 for the bumper. Or tell me if this is totally unrealistic and make me an offer.

Did you get insurance money or liablity only because it is a salvage vehicle? Honestly, you have alot of nice stuff on the Jeep and the Jeep itself probably runs real well, I would try and find a 97 up in bad shape mechanical wise, but has a decent rust free straight body and swap all your 2000 stuff to it........ You are not going to get to the level of your 2000 XJ selling it for $2000 and buying something new to you and fresh that is not another XJ you can transfer all the parts to............. Just food for thought and my 2 cents :), who ever gets the whole Jeep for $2000 is getting a really good deal.... good luck!

Did you get insurance money or liablity only because it is a salvage vehicle? Honestly, you have alot of nice stuff on the Jeep and the Jeep itself probably runs real well, I would try and find a 97 up in bad shape mechanical wise, but has a decent rust free straight body and swap all your 2000 stuff to it........ You are not going to get to the level of your 2000 XJ selling it for $2000 and buying something new to you and fresh that is not another XJ you can transfer all the parts to............. Just food for thought and my 2 cents :), who ever gets the whole Jeep for $2000 is getting a really good deal.... good luck!

Thanks for the input! I did get some insurance money though I chose to keep it and drive for a bit while I go shopping for something else - maybe one of those new JKs with the minivan engine. JK stands for "just kidding". Or maybe not? The salvage value was $1600 - hoping to get that plus a little for my effort.

It definitely runs well. I'm not sure I have the time to do all the swapping but I've certainly considered it and even came close to buying another XJ of the same year - though didn't really realize I could swap all the stuff to a jeep much earlier than 2000. I agree, $2000 on the deal is pretty good considering how much all the stuff costs to begin with.

If there's a parts swapper out there please buy this jeep! :spin1:

It does take alot of time and work to swap stuff, I have a 95 Neon as a daily for the past 8 years? Couple years ago it got to the point it needed a tranny and all the emissions stuff put back on, it had 300,000 miles on it easily, I was days away from crushing it and found a low mile 1998 Neon R/T, if you know anything about Neons, 98 R/T is the cream of the crop for 1st Gen Neons, it was t-boned hard drivers b-piller, it was a total loss, I paid 500 bucks for it and drove it home ;), I spent 1 week gutting my 95 to a shell and then took every part from the 98 and put it on the 95........ I mean everything.... I had alot of R/T parts on my 95 Neon already i put on over the years, I sold off a ton of stuff after the build.... I figured all said and done I spent a total of $100 bucks to have a decent Neon again and passes emissions..... Alot of work but well worth it.......:)

If you have the time, place and tools to do that with your XJ, I really would consider it! And you will know every part that goes on that Jeep :)

You almost had me there Rags. I went looking for XJs last night on CL.

I wish I had the time, the tools, and the space to do the swap, or to part it out.

If anyone wants it for parts - or whatever - I would really appreciate $1600 for it.

That's a smokin deal for someone. Like you said in your ad, It'd be a great one to cut the roof off of and cage. Wish you were closer. I'd LOVE to have it to put into my MJ. :( Will you deliver?

Back