• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 1998 4dr XJ $5000

Ben_Dyer

NAXJA Forum User
We found out yesterday that my wife is pregnant, and we sold our house :doh:. So we are looking at reducing debt and increasing credit to afford a larger home. So if there is a serious buyer I would be willing to sell the jeep to pay off the loan, I need to get $5000 to do so. Here is a list of the mods. It is located in Sterling, CO 80751.

1998 Cherokee Sport
4.0 Straight 6 (runs good around 130K)
throtle body spacer
Fiberglass hood with 2" functional scoop
Aw-4 auto (shifts smooth)
231-J transfercase (also shifts into and out of all gears fine)
terra 2low
SYE
4.5 inch lift (unknown maker)
short arms with drop brackets
32"x12.5"x15" good year MT's (40% tread or less no spare)
15" Mickey Thompson Classic II Alloy Wheel
8.8 rear axle with a lockrite
disk brake conversion
dana 30 front axle
Mile marker hub conversion kit
ott Steering Kit from rocky-road.com
4.56's
Rugged Ridge HD Steering Box Brace
custom driveshafts front and rear
rear quarter side guards (just the lower section with the body lines)
Rocker guards (unknown maker)
Tomken Engine & Transmisison Skid Plate
pre-96 gas tank skid modded to fit
Bushwacker flares
Olympic 4x4 Products Rock Winch Bumper
warn M8000-CE winch with incab control
Olympic 4X4 Rear Rock Bumper with tire carrier
Riddler Manufacturing Differential Cover (front and rear)
heavy duty rear brake light carrier (made with 1/8" plate steel)
full internal cage ( i know it was a local guy who made it and its an early version of his current work)
Cobra 29 LTD Classic CB with a 48" firestick antenna
roof rack (unknown maker)
rear cargo rack made from wood is a POS but it lets you have a little more storage for camping and wheeling

SANY2511.jpg

SANY2512.jpg

SANY2515.jpg

SANY2514.jpg

more pictures at....(you will have to sort through the albums, these are trip albums and have pics of other jeeps and people)
http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/ben-dyer/Moab Fall Fling NAXJA/
http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/ben-dyer/Smack at the Crack Moab 2010/

The bad: front bearings need greased and repacked, got its first body crease the other day in the rear behind the window from the unibody flex, needs a new steering setup this system is crap but works, needs new gear oil front and rear.

Well built jeep cant offer reciepts for the build since i bought it built, but it has been to moab twice and ran spring creek here in CO. Did great both places with no major breakage. pm's, email, texts (verizon customers) and calls welcome. leave a message if I dont answer as my work schedule is very random, i'll call you back ASAP.

seven 2zero-two 7five-two 1nine3

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Feeler... FS: 1998 4dr XJ $5000

"Feeler" ads not allowed, PM sent. :thumbup:

Re: Feeler... FS: 1998 4dr XJ $5000

Its 100% legitimately for sale. First $5000 cash in hand buys her. Sorry mods I copied and pasted the add and title.

Jeezus....... this is frighteningly similar to the BOR rig scenario....... helluva jeep for a stupid-low price......

i know its a low price. but the issue is no one is interested in it and we are having our first child, we need a bigger house, my truck is failing faster than I can fix it so a new vehicle is inorder, and we have only used the jeep four times in the two years we have owned it. And whats this BOR rig your talking about yella? seeker i am on vaca till the 16 but will get the info for you as soon as i get home. i can tell you its regeared to 4.56 and its under 150,000 miles. unknown on the sticker though.

You know..... the BIGoffroad rig.......

I got it for stupid-cheap because the previous owner couldn't get it sold and needed a truck for his landscaping business he was starting up..... Dealership was offering him only $4500 under the Cash for Clunkers program.... previous owner and I had been discussing ways to advertise it properly and stir up interest...... he called me in the "eleventh-hour" before he was gonna trade it in asking if I knew anyone interested for $4500. I told him I did in fact know someone..... :thumbup:

This is it right after bringing it home:

P1012126.jpg

I hate to say it....... but if you can't get it sold for $4500....... you may very well be better off parting it out...... :gag: Well, except that it'd be harder to move the parts with you living way out in Sterling...... it's a toss up.

Maybe look into using a consignment sales lot in Ft. Collins or Denver? Put a minimum sale price and let the lot do all the leg work with advertising it and trying to sell it...... :dunno:

I am not looking to sell the hood sorry for taking so long to get back to ya gene. It sucks but i have to either sell it as a whole or keep it. I dont have the time right now to part it out. Yella i knew exactly what BOR was as soon as i got off the computer lol. Maybe you can part it out and keep any cash over the loan amount left lol.

This is a great jeep with an awesome building base. a few choice upgrades (stiffeners new steering and a front locker) would let you do just about every trail out there.

I still want that hood for the Eliminator MJ......... :firedevil:

Depending on what I can get sorted out over the next month while I'm at AT I'd be interested. Have you considered somebody taking over your loan?

sorry for the delay in pictures seeker busy week with work and my camper rebuild that i need for this weekend.

Dutch I have not considered that rout, heck I did not even know you could do that. If my bank will do that then I'd be ok with it too.

Back