• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FRS?

I'm not sure how those got to FAM5. I believe Dirk said it was the ones that the chapter owns, which were programmed by Andy.

I think the people that didn't have the FRS channels programmed on their radios were the only ones using 155.500

Andy programmed in all the family channels so each group could select a different frequency. The problem was so many people bought new radios and they didn't know the frequencies so we just had to pick one that worked and roll with it.

Now that Andy posted the channel/frequency list, we can program them in and be ready to work with the club owned radios with the preset channels.

Jim could not hear me when I called to him most of the time and I could barely hear anyone. With my CB and external speaker that is not an issue at all. Had Deanna not been with me I doubt I would have heard anything. I don't particularly like them. I'll eventually get that $25 Beofang simply out of necessity.

I enjoyed using the FRS radios... We had a lot of recovery to do and they were very handy in those situations. We also enjoyed them out on the road in our convoy to/from the crawl...

Jim could not hear me when I called to him most of the time and I could barely hear anyone. With my CB and external speaker that is not an issue at all. Had Deanna not been with me I doubt I would have heard anything. I don't particularly like them. I'll eventually get that $25 Beofang simply out of necessity.

So it sounds like you just need a hearing aid. I remember when I was spotting I got the "I couldn't hear" excuse when you were trying to push a house sized boulder in lion's den with your header panel a couple years ago too.....

the FRS worked great in our group. must have just been you glenn :dunno:

Funny I never really heard any talking on it. When I was stopped i could hear.

see my previous post

Right....... Facts remain there were at least two times when Jim was ahead and could not hear me saying hold up. One when Sean lost a tire after Mason Jar and one when I had clunks on Saturday morning. Nothing is perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-Earp...d=1467765272&sr=8-7&keywords=baofeng+earpiece

41VEuEv9MRL.jpg

Really? The last thing I want is Sean whispering in my ear. Or Brian for that matter..... :rof: :laugh: :banghead: IMHO they do not work as well as you sheep feel they do....... I will get one out of necessity eventually. But IMHO they are not as good as my CB in past years. 14 I might add.

Well, if all of our XJ's sat 14 feet off the ground like yours does, maybe our CB's would work better :rof:

I liked the fact that I can carry it with me and still communicate with my group. It works great for spotting too.

Back