• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Lockers

C-clip? its a front axle.

don't need no stinkin' c-clip iin the front...

xjohnnyc said:
But this time, don't install the last c-clip until you put those last springs in. :nono: That'll knock about 2 hours off your install time. :roll:

Rawbrown said:
C-clip? its a front axle.

don't need no stinkin' c-clip iin the front...
I'm just giving Remi a hard time. :peace:

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
Something else just came up and I am wondering: what does everyone think about detroit vs no slip in the front?

you will def. notice the detriot up front. Not recommended on a DD unless you have a hub conversion.

poppabear said:
you will def. notice the detriot up front. Not recommended on a DD unless you have a hub conversion.
I doubt you ever drove one. I have a Detroit in my front for 2 years now and i don't notice it until i switch to 4WD. It doesn't even make any noise.

XJoachim said:
I doubt you ever drove one. I have a Detroit in my front for 2 years now and i don't notice it until i switch to 4WD. It doesn't even make any noise.
Full locker, your right I haven't but,

I have driven with a Trutrac and I noticed it....

having an automatic locker up front will make it very difficult to turn in tight quarters. There is no differentiating in the turning radii of the two steering wheels, so it will want to plow when turing under throttle. Adds a lot of stress to the whole front axle assembly. Drive a rig with a selectable front locker sometime and try ti navigate with it engaged and disengaged, there is a huge difference. Plus it's fun to see how good of a driver you are and not have to use the locker unless you really need it.

I had a no-slip in the rear of my old 8.25". I loved it and it was super easy to install myself.
SeanP

Back