• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front grille cover for cold weather ...

I realize you only want to discuss a radiator cover, but possibly an OEM thermostat would be more responsive that the aftermarket stat that you've installed.

PaulJ said:
I realize you only want to discuss a radiator cover, but possibly an OEM thermostat would be more responsive that the aftermarket stat that you've installed.
Yeah ... that was suggested to me in a PM. It's not really the responsiveness of the spring ... I think an OEM t-stat has the small hole, which allows a little bit of bypass, which will result in a less drastic cycling of hot/cold temps. And it also allows the air to burp out.

But ... with the grille cover, I don't have the bouncing temps, and I've never had air bubbles in my open system, so I'll try to hold off on a t-stat with the hole in it.

You made a good point, tho.

I have an OEM t-stat & mine cycles alot with out the cover. I put the card board inside the grill, if it was black you couldn't even tell it was there. JIM.

Back