• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front flexible brake lines

Vernicious

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm trying to replace the front brake lines on my 99 XJ (non ABS). The hard line does not want to release from the flexible tube. I'm afraid of rounding out the nut. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good way to get these flexible tubes off the hard lines?

Are you using flare wrenches? Good quality ones, that don't flex. You should use 2 wrenches, one can be a normal wrench.

I've had to use vise grips before too.

Are you using flare wrenches? Good quality ones, that don't flex. You should use 2 wrenches, one can be a normal wrench.

I've had to use vise grips before too.

Flare wrenches also sometimes called crows foot wrench by some (they are similar, but 90 degree offset). They are a must for any tubing fitting work.

61T8Mf7pLyL._SL1500_.jpg

flare-nut-wrench-

flare_nut_lead-300x224.jpg

Thanks gents... Although I've been some sort of mechanic for the majority of my life, I've never used flange wrenches... Sounds like I need to buy a set.

Thanks gents... Although I've been some sort of mechanic for the majority of my life, I've never used flange wrenches... Sounds like I need to buy a set.

I have done all sorts of industrial and automotive repair and manufacturing work part time (engineer) for 45 years and bought my first sets, US and metric at Harbor freight this year. They are awesome, wish I had bought them decades ago

Back