• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Brake Flex lines

90Blue_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing a 3.5 RE lift and need to have the longer brake lines, but did not want the RE SS lines. I've read somewhere that Wrangler lines were longer but the parts house (Advance Auto Parts) says they are the same part number. Does anyone have the right year or part number for this setup? TJ or YJ?

I'm a little over 5 inches with stock lines, I just extended the steel line about 3 inches and relocated where the bracket goes. Save yourself money for something else, only took about $10 and 1 hour.

Thanks so much. I knew it was here but could not find it anywhere last night. I have it printed out and am going to the NAPA store since the Advance was so negative with me yesterday.
Thanks again you were lifesavers.

i went with NAPA lines for a 95 YJ Wrangler. it worked great for me. install was a snap and i had the chance to do a full fluid replacement of the brake fluid (it was very bad).

i also used the rear line for a 96 Dodge Dakota 4x4 for the rear. its a bolt on upgrade same as the front was. with both of these there is plenty of room for flex and growth even with me at 4.5".

hth

Thanks Stewie. My RE kit comes with a rear flex line so I'll stick with it for now, but thanks for the info If I snag the rear one on something I will have the Dakota in my spares to get me home. Good deal

Back