• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front 44 prices?

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
I'm kinda-sorta in the market for a front 44 for a non-jeep project. What's a fair price for a six lug D44 w/ discs?

I paid 150.00 for my Ford HP 44, It was a drum break. I paid 40.00 for a Low pinion Dana 44 with six lug discs. Both from Craigslist, get it out of my yard specials..

Hmm. I think I'll wait for a "get it out of the yard" deal and snap it up. That's cheaper than I'd thought.

Wished I would have done that with my first set (the ones under my Cherokee) I went to a Ford only bone yard 600.00 for the pair. So 1977 HP Dana 44 and Ford 9" I am much happier with the get it out of my yard special..

The Ford hp 44 is much more desirable than a Wagga lp 44. The 9" is a far better choice than a saggy rear 44. $600 is still a very good price for those 2 axles. Some guys spend twice that on dana 30 brake upgrades.

Honestly, I'm just going to cut the C's off and make a 2wd beam axle if I buy a 44.
I have a '57 chevy truck that I'm keeping stick axle up front. It's a long story but something a little wider would be good and I like the 44 outers as a starting place.
High pinion, low pinion, no pinion - makes no difference to me :)

The Ford hp 44 is much more desirable than a Wagga lp 44. The 9" is a far better choice than a saggy rear 44. $600 is still a very good price for those 2 axles. Some guys spend twice that on dana 30 brake upgrades.

Much agreeed $600 is gravy for a 9 and hp44

I look all the time for a built 44..Be a little comfort zone vs snapping off d30 teeth

Yeah 600.00 probably isn't bad for a Ford 44 and a 9", but when you can pay 250.00 for the pair that sounds even better, add to that a Chevy Dana 44 with both flat tops and disc breaks. Now I have the parts for my HP build that cost me 290.00 and the knuckles have been drilled and taped for high steer arms 50.00 for a total cost of 340.00 Just takes time to look for those deals, I have plenty of that on this build..

Much agreeed $600 is gravy for a 9 and hp44

I look all the time for a built 44..Be a little comfort zone vs snapping off d30 teeth

i have the built d44s you need with new tires & wheels to boot.
bring cash & haul them home. :wave1:

Back