• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fron u-joint years

I get mine from Fleetpride, IIRC they were 20sumthin bucks each, they can also get you new replacement shafts, but they aren't much cheaper than Yukon shafts.

everytime i used a brute force or duralast gold they ended up breaking on the first trail run

i never run them in my front axle, but stick em' in a driveshaft if i need one to get me rollin quick.
Yup, I made the mistake of buying Brute Force for the front, ended up having to buy new outer shafts too, because I guess I suck at changing u-joints. First wheeling trip after:
Going........ going......
n56200983_31040014_2287.jpg

Gone!(take note of everyones face)
n56200983_31040015_2755.jpg

n56200983_31040016_3074.jpg

CIMG3292.jpg

Destroyed a brand new outer shaft, I hate Autozone for anything other than fluids or bearings.

I get mine from Fleetpride, IIRC they were 20sumthin bucks each, they can also get you new replacement shafts, but they aren't much cheaper than Yukon shafts.

AllJeep.com FTW!!! Dana/Spicer replacement shafts w/u-joints
http://www.alljeep.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=32_888_895&products_id=167210
http://www.alljeep.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=32_888_895&products_id=167211

Last edited:
I love it! Thanks guys!!!!

Yup, I personally take care of each and every order by hand, nothing is automated - not even your card being charged!

And yeah, Spicer is the only joint I'll ever use. Those 'lifetime' warranty junkers from the parts house are junk.

A buddy of mine up here swore by Precision, because the company he bought them from would sell him a case at a rediculous cost. He had a tube (square) driveline in his rig and literally had to replace all of his joints every 2-3 trips out. Well, we were on the trail - forest service road - and he busted a joint. So there in the middle of muddy road with snow run off running down the middle of it, he's under his rig laying in it, changing joints. F THAT!

I told him Spicer, not Precision, blah blah blah. His comment to me was square driveline, blah blah not balanged blah blah and when they are closer to the same price, he'll buy them. I literally _gave_ him a full set of Spicers to try out. If they worked, pay me then kind of thing. To my knowledge he's STILL running those same Spicers 2 years later. He paid me for the ones I gave him and bought a few trail spares.

My Rubicon, 4.5" of lift and 35's. I ran a Tom Woods CV shaft for like 20k miles with 0 issues. Next thing I know the angry sparrow came to roost. So I replace the joints with Precision joints (lifetime warranty and cheap! woot!) They literally lasted 100 miles at best. I figured I got dirt in there when I assembled them and reinstalled a new set, under warranty. Same thing again. I drove from SLC to Boise and they were shot before I got there. ALL highway miles, no trail miles at all. Did my trail ride and then pulled the shaft to drive home - on the front driveline with Spicers in it ;)

Spicer for the MFW!!

Oh hey, there he is... believe I sang your praises further up this thread, forget if I ever followed up and emailed you about this site or anything. Didn't realize you were already on here!

Back