• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday night dinner

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
I just got off the phone with City Market. We'll need to piece together a plan for dinner but here is what they have with prices current as of today.

Fried, BBQ, or Baked chicken. $90.99 for 100 pieces.
Sides: Mashed Potatoes / Gravy, Mac & Cheese, Potato Salad, Macoroni Salad, Coleslaw, Baked Beans
All sides around $3 per pound each.
Rolls are $2.29 / dozen.

If we want to do dessert we can get 200 brownies for roughly $53 without frosting, $91 frosted. *

I've got a quote in for five gallon jugs of ice cream, plus he's looking into a cheat sheet to get a rough idea of how many servings in each jug. I was just thinking keeping it simple, vanilla and chocolate. He says he should be able to get the numbers to me tomorrow.

To be safe I'd plate the order three or four weeks in advance. They say one week but I don't trust 'em!

One thing they *don't* have is a vegetarian entree. We may want to see how much demand we have for such and come up with a plan if needed.

Keeping the stuff warm/cold may be an issue. I trust we'll have full run of the kitchen so we can have a few ovens going to keep chicken hot?

Last edited:
We have full use of the kitchen. Yes, we'll need to supply drinks. Bulk drinks, not cans or bottles.

If we can figure out a price per person, I'd like to see paid members that preregister (and pay for everything else upfront) eat for half the price of everyone or for free. This will having them spend more money on the raffle and giveawayXJ so we still win.

Should get people to the dinner as well. I remember in 08 some didn't' come cause they didn't want to pay for it.

mac 'giving back' gyvr

Still waiting for Goatman to put his thoughts down on all of this...and present something to the BOD...

mac 'so if you can find him' gyvr

Geoff, we need to review options and come up with a reasonable combination of price and what we get for it. Last time we sold dinners for $12. I'd think we need to shoot for a cost under 10 bucks per person, and I'm sure we can do less than that.

UPDATE

Each meal ticket gets you three pieces of chicken, a roll, and two sides. Also included is dessert.

Unit cost for food only comes out to $6.30/ea

As of today we have sold 100 tickets, I'm setting my number at a max of 150 people. That comes out to $945 for food and dessert. Richard is going to pick up the plates and utensils and Dan Fraser and I are working on beverages.

A word on the food:

Main course: Chicken, three pieces. Baked, BBQ, or Fried. $91 / 100 pieces
Sides: mac and cheese, potato salad, baked beans. $3 / pound, one pound serves four.
Rolls: $2.99 / dozen
Cake: We're getting two sheet cakes at $67/ea. These will be printed, one will have the giveaway Jeep, the other will have the event logo.

We will pay on pickup by check (Hi, David!). I plan to place the order late next week.

We need to work out the chicken, how much of each type. I paired our sides down to three

This is going to be real nice. :cheers:

Last edited:
Note. I decided to just call it as three sides to simplify the ordering process. We could under-order sides some but I have no way of knowing what of the three chosen sides will be popular.

Here is my thoughts for an order to transmit Monday or Tuesday. Please provide input if you think my idea is off:

Product Unit Qty Cost
Chicken, 100 pieces. $91.00 4 $364.00
Chicken, 50 pieces. $46.00 1 $46.00
Potato Salad, one pound $3.00 25 $75.00
Macoroni and Cheese, one pound $3.00 25 $75.00
Baked Beans, one pound $3.00 25 $75.00
Dinner Rolls, one dozen $2.99 13 $38.87
Printed sheet cake $67.00 2 $134.00

Subtotal: $807.87
Tax: $0.00
TOTAL: $807.87
Per Head: $5.39

Note that I'm ordering the sides to serve 100. I think we'd be able to stretch them out by folks who don't want this and that.

Thoughts?

Also we need to figure out how much of each types of chicken to get. Perhaps service for 25 servings of baked, 75 fried, 50 BBQ?

Back