• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Freeway Ridge?

DanNJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Where is this Freeway Ridge Trail? I'm pretty sure it's down by Bakersfield. Anyone have a link to a map? Does it go thru to somehwere?

Thx

So in your opinion is it worth driving all the way from Lodi? I mean I'd by driving past some great trails in the Sierras above Fresno, let alone going the other way to the Con/Fordyce/Deer Valley area.

I guess it might be if you were to chaulk it up to the "Trails I've done" list. Kind of like the two times we drove allllllllll the waaaay down to Mojave Rd. I think we're still driving back from there! jk

Don't bother, mostly a dirt road. It's a nice day run for some good scenery and lunch with a good view if you're local. It's also fun in a stock or nearly stock vehicle. It's our bread and butter Sat trail around here for a nice day trip with friends.

Actually, Freeway Ridge is the section of trail that leads from the main highway up to the dirt road that becomes Black Gulch Trail, or what we simply call Keyesville. There are a couple other trails that branch off from Black Gulch. You could have a nice weekend camping in the area and exploring the vaious routes, but I don't think I'd drive down from Lodi, too much nicer stuff closer.

no not worth the drive at all if you are just wanting to do a day trip. There is only one spot that is somewhat rocky but other than that it is basically a forest service road. It meets up to black gulch which i took my full size dodge truck on and it meets up with keysville rd which a car can go on. There are some nice scenery on it and good camping areas but its all snowed on now which is fun in its own way. But still not worth the drive.
Now Last chance and Nightmare gulch is worth the drive!

Hey... I know what you guys are up to! You're just trying to keep the tourists off your trail! LOL

Still the pics I've seen make it look like it would be a nice weekend "exploration" type of run. But then again like we both stated they are many trails that are fun that I'd be driving by to get there.

I'll see. How about you local guys putting something together this spring? I'll come and camp the weekend.

Back