• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame Stiffening Process part 3 of 3 finished! (T&J Stiffeners) (pics)

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
SO behold, the final step of my frame stiffening process. I'd have to say, with the TNT stiffeners, TMR plates, and T&J stiffeners... I shouldn't have any problems at all with frame tweakage :D

Anyway, as you read yesterday, we finished up the TMR frame plates, and got started on the T&J stiffeners today. The T&J tubes connect the leaf spring box to the LCA mount, then weld to the frame in various places. Due to having 3/16" thicker material everywhere, we did quite a bit of grinding, bending, and tweaking to get them fitted right, but didn't have much of a problem once we got rolling.

IMG_0614.jpg

To start, this bolt hanging down had to be ground down, because it was interfering with the brace that needed to bolt to the spring box.

IMG_0616.jpg

This section of frame also had to be ground smooth, to at least the diameter of the tube bolting to it.

IMG_0638.jpg

If you notice here, the tube bends up and gives you a section to weld to the frame up front, right above where it bolts to the LCA bolt.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Once we got it all bolted up, we cleaned the frame rails off and welded on the 4" plates from the tube to the frame.

IMG_0630.jpg

Once everything was welded on and finished up, it was time to prep and paint!!!

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

sweet front brake lines.........

Last edited:
whats wrong with his front brake lines? not braided stainless?

Looks like they are FS Chevy units, which provide plenty of extra length. Nice spotlight on the T&J stiffeners.
However, dangling the entire front end by the draglink TRE......that is crazy, Jim.
Betcha you don't care about that joint anyway and plan on replacing it in the very near future.

yea i didnt really see anything wrong with them. and i was trying to not be a doosh haha

Great Job! looks awesome. How those fox's ride?

Thanks man! They ride AWESOME!

whats wrong with his front brake lines? not braided stainless?

Haha, there's nothing wrong with them. He just needs to find something to talk trash on because everybody hammers his build in advanced tech forum. :rattle:

Looks like they are FS Chevy units, which provide plenty of extra length. Nice spotlight on the T&J stiffeners.
However, dangling the entire front end by the draglink TRE......that is crazy, Jim.
Betcha you don't care about that joint anyway and plan on replacing it in the very near future.

Yessir they are indeed FS chevy lines. :D And a Dakota rear!

But yea, I've got a 1 ton setup waiting to be installed. But I'm working on trussing a HP D30 that is geared etc. So I don't have to swap knuckles etc twice. Just plug it all in at once!

Sweet setup man! Im gonna bookmark this for later reference. Does it ride any different after the frame work? I know when I added subframe connectors to my mustang it rode waaay different, like a new pair of stiffer springs.

Back