• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOX 2.5 bypass valving

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
christmas came early this year during a visit to kartek, and a set of 2.5 fox 2-tube bypass shocks were acquired for the front of a 5.5" deaver progressive coil sprung, rk 3 linked, 2wd mj....

anyone got valving advice? bypass-specific tuning advice?
what kinda charging rigs you guys using? it seems like the time to pickup a Nitrogen tank and setup.

Nice acquisition. I,ve wondered about tuning bypass's myself, I,m sure lots of testing. RE has a charging kit that uses little nitro cylinders and Powertank puts out a nice kit that includes a refillable tank and high pressure regulator. The MJ sounds like it's coming along ,do you have pic's?

The Powertank would deff be nice to have in the kit. Do'nt worry about the MJ, mine is a work in progress for sure.Trailing arms would be bling, but getting some SUA lift springs and long shackles would help alot.

just picked up another set of used 2.5, 2-tube bypasss for the semi-dd... after looking around, it seems my tubes are located differantly than others ive seen, can anyone comment?
foxv.jpg

I MAY be asking for a 'thats what she said', but that 7/8th's shaft is MASSIVE~!

I MAY be asking for a 'thats what she said', but that 7/8th's shaft is MASSIVE~!
its no fun if you ruin the joke :twak:

i was going to pick those up, but couldnt scrape up the dough in time. good to see them stay in the group. :cheers:

just picked up another set of used 2.5, 2-tube bypasss for the semi-dd... after looking around, it seems my tubes are located differantly than others ive seen, can anyone comment?

Fox will put your bypass tubes wherever you want - it all depends on where in the travel you want the bypasses to come in and out.

As for valving, call Fox.

i was hoping someone could read my cans, and indicate if they are in good position/bad position... and how good or bad 1 compression and one free bleed is, for a non-reg jeepspeed.

ive been meaning to call fox, but i havent had any free time during buisness hours to chat. obviously i bought them used, and am somewhat stuck with what it is.

Back