• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Found something lovely under my carpet

Guess it's working now. Dang, that's heavy duty!
-Tom

Mine too

When I was under mine a few weeks ago replacing the exhaust, I found rust running along the exhaust route. I doubt I will weld mine. I will just borrow one of those special double barrel caulking guns to glue in a patch panel. I use that (expensive) weld adhesive stuff that is supposedly stronger than actually welding -- and it waterproofs too! Then just undercoat like mad. If the bottoms of these rust so bad, I wonder when someone will start a class action suit if a spring mount breaks and causes an accident...

I too discovered a nice spot... I got a hold of a buddy and we are gonna have a goo at the welding option tonight. The only real question i have is how to get the carpet up. My spot is only right above the cat. So can I just take the side trim off at the rear passenger door and then grab it from under the rear seat and peel it back to get at it? Then cut, weld, and paint some of that rattle can rust stop on it until I have nice weather to run the hurculiner over it all.

You should be able to do that. I removed the whole carpet (it's a bitch, but you might do that just to be safe). To remove it just pull the side trim (all of it), the center console, the seats, and muscle it up.

I'd say remove it all, fix the hole(s), and then herculne the whole thing. Good time to run wires to the back if you need to as well!

Sequoia

Back