• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Found an odd looking XJ on craigslist

the_big_o said:
spekin of Waggys does the comfert and power setings on the tranny do any thing?
It should. This is a standard feature on all AW4 XJ's through about 1990. If it's working, the power setting should make it shift up a little later, and a little more crisply. The difference is not huge, and if you drive with a heavy foot, it's less so. If you accelerate lightly, you should be able to sense it.

forget about the waggys, what about the briarwood edition!?

the_big_o said:
spekin of Waggys does the comfert and power setings on the tranny do any thing?

that has nothing to do with is being a waggy. my '89 has the power/comfort switch. it changes shift points and TC lockups. it is a different throttle body in the Tranny, that you can put in newer trannys. the newer ones had the "power" setting on all the time, and they got rid of comfort

I love my woody! I have the comfort/power switch- I think 91 was the last year for it.

tomcat said:
forget about the waggys, what about the briarwood edition!?

that has nothing to do with is being a waggy. my '89 has the power/comfort switch. it changes shift points and TC lockups. it is a different throttle body in the Tranny, that you can put in newer trannys. the newer ones had the "power" setting on all the time, and they got rid of comfort

o ok
i didint no i was thinking it was becuse it was fully loaded it was sometihng u could only get on a waggy

I have a wagoneer, make mine a GRAND :party:

RF.jpg

How much gas does it use? All I put in it!!!

But I still have the XJ!

obj3geo3pg1p25.jpg

crystalship1 said:
34 MPGs.... WOW. that's like a pipe-dream, man!!! :eek:

The mileage IS great, but forget towing a big boat, or trailer up the side of a mountain or hill at any reasonable speed, since its only 64 HP. So I guess I could tow it with my Waggy!party1:

Back