• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Forum recommendations for 6-cylinder Subaru tech

casm

NAXJA Forum User
I know we've got a few other Subaru people here, so figured I'd toss this one out there and see what comes up.

We've got a 2007 Outback wagon with the H6. I'm having a hard time finding an equivalent to NAXJA for tech on this model - NASIOC, USMB, etc. are really good for general stuff, but heavily focussed on the 4-cylinder models. I realise that the 6-cylinder is kind of the oddball of the family, but am slightly surprised by how little has been covered on them. Note that I'm not new to Subarus, but going from an almost-entirely EA81 background to the EZ30D leaves some pretty substantial gaps in my knowledge.

So does anyone have any forum recommendations based on this, or is it just a case of asking around in the usual places and seeing who replies?

sl-i.net might have some info.

subaruoutback.org is real decent as far as a non-Jeep forum. I found out just how deep in do-do I was with our '04 Outback 2.5 when I started smelling antifreeze. Seems there's a real problem with Subies. Guess I'll have to talk my wife back into a Jeep.....

i loved rs25, but they primarily focused on the 2.5rs...

you looking to upgrade or just have a forum? i know there a few guys with intense amounts of 6 cyl knowledge.. a few real nice H6 swapped imprezas on there.

Subara has a 6 cylinder?

Well I have not dealt in Subaru for a long time.

Used to sell them back in the day when the 2.5 was the biggest they offered.

Learn something new every day!

sl-i.net might have some info.

Cool, thanks. I'll dig through there. Looks like there's some useful info.

subaruoutback.org is real decent as far as a non-Jeep forum.

Yeah, I've been poking around there and there seem to be some fairly knowledgeable folks on that one.

i loved rs25, but they primarily focused on the 2.5rs...

That's the thing - there're tons of places that are really sharp on the 2.5, but that's the limit of their focus.

you looking to upgrade or just have a forum? i know there a few guys with intense amounts of 6 cyl knowledge.. a few real nice H6 swapped imprezas on there.

Oh, we've had that one since new. It's just that it's finally starting to hit the age and mileage where it's going to run out of warranty service, so I need to get up to speed on its specifics. Got a couple of modifications I'd like to look into as well.

Subara has a 6 cylinder?

Subaru has made 6-cylinder vehicles since the XT6; IIRC, that model hit the showroom in about 1988.

Yeah now that you mention it I think somewhere in the 90's Subaru offered a 6 in a production car, but it was a specialty ( sports ) type car. I forget the name of the model as it was discontinued about the time I started with Subaru but we had one on the floor and they were desperately trying to unload it.

For the longest while all we had were Imprza's, Legacy, and Forrestor and variants of those models i.e. " Outback " and " GT " models. But all they had at that time was 2.2's and 2.5 4 cylinders.

What was that two door car with the odd looking windows in the door?

Did it have a 6?

Found it .... was the SVX

I forgot about that was because it was dropped the year before I started with Subaru.

I second the subaruoutback.org suggestion.

Been browsing a couple of these and am digging up some useful stuff. Definite thanks for the recommendations.

Going through other automotive forums truly makes me realise how much tech and brain trust we really have here.

I just took a peek at legacygt.com and had to join! We have two Subies in our family, and last time I had a question about our '04 Outback, a contributor on NAXJA answered faster, with a better suggestion, than another site I was looking at!

Back