• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford guys...... need C6 info......

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Hopefully sooner than later, I'll be looking to liquidate all my parts stash and get rid of the '89 Ford Uhaul van at my lot that I've used for storage for years.

The van is a 7.3 IDI diesel and I've been told it's got a C6 behind it. When I bought it, it would shift through all gears except for the final drive gear (3rd). It wouldn't drive faster than about 45 mph as it would only get into 2nd. The cooler line ruptured and the trans "bled out" when the previous owner had been on the highway. Filling it with trans fluid afterward, he found that it would not shift into 3rd.

Wondering what I need to know when trying to find a used or rebuilt C6. Are they all the same? Does a C6 that goes behind a 7.3 Diesel have a unique bellhousing to big block C6's?

Any other suggestions/advice?

I'm just tuning in... I'll eventually be putting a c-6 behind the 460 in Stomper... I believe there are multiple iterations of the C-6 over the decades, Troy, with more differenced than just bellhousings, but I could be wrong...

paging Mr. Hypoid... please come to the nearest white courtesy telephone.

paging Mr. Hypoid... please come to the nearest white courtesy telephone.
I'm not a transmission guy, but I know a guy, who knows a guy, who works out of a pole barn, somewhere near Boulder...

:patriot:

Back