• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford F-350

bmanga

NAXJA Forum User
Good 1990 Ford F-350 Drive train
$800 obo

- Located in Marietta GA

I've used the truck to pull my rig around for the past year or so. I'm wording it as a good drive train because the body is shot and ugly since it was a northern truck. Buy the drive train and get the rest of it for free. Yank the drive train and send the rest to the junkyard to recoup some of the cost. It would take some fixing if you plan on using to tow.

The drive train:
- 2WD
- 125,xxx on motor
- 7.5L (460 CID) V8 230@3600 Tq 390@2200 (More HP and Tq of any Ford diesel of this year)
- 4 speed automatic (e40d)
- Sterling 10.25 DRW w/4.10 and limited slip

The rest isn't worth to much because of the Northern decay on the body/frame but it comes with the drivetrain for free:
- XLT Lariat Crew Cab
- 8ft Long Bed
- Plastic Bed liner
- 168.4" wheel base
- Aluminum running boards
- Sony am/fm CD player
- Lot's of Northern Rust! (very free of charge) ;)
- Michelin LTX tires with almost 1/2 tread left.
- New oil cooler.

Let me know if you have any questions. Pics coming soon.

The only picture I have of it.

207395_1978704916113_1497857348_32284044_909947_n.jpg

No trades. It will drive away just fine. Just don't drive it in the rain because the wiper motor is shot. Make me an offer.

I know you said it has a good amount of rust, but what is actually rusted? Frame/crossmembers, or just body panels? Holes in the floor? The reason I ask is that I'm looking for a cheap truck to haul a trailer for work. Obviously it doesn't have to look good, just be functional and mechanically solid.

I've used it to tow my Jeep for the past 1 1/2 years. Brakes are mediocre from factory, frame is rusty as is everything underneath, most sheet metal facing ground is "holey" and I replaced the driver side floor and door jamb. As for mechanical it rounds very sound! For other things that need to be done are the wiper motor replaced, horn fixed and the pass windows is slipping. This year F-350 had a combination proportion/valve they called ABS. Technically it is a spring loaded by-pass valve when the rear would lock up it would engage the valve. Yup they called that ABS, LOL! Anyway the brakes on this truck from day one. The father-in-law owned it have been mediocre and have always been like this.

So to answer your question if you put some time into it you maybe able to get it to a point to reliably use it for another year or two as a tow rig. I have to many other motors to maintain and buying a new tow rig to put time into this now.

Let me know if you need more information.

Back