• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

for you snowboard folk

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
looking at getting the lady bindings for xmas. i got her a new arbor board and she needs bindings as well.
was looking at the Ride Dva bindings. the wedge technology seems really cool and smart, just wanted to know what you experienced guys thought of them?
http://ridesnowboards.com/bindings/dva

All I know is that Ride is a pretty good brand and make sure you take the board to ensure the holes in the board match up with the binding plates. Bad experience with that this year at Big 5 sports. Oh don't go to Big 5 Sports, as they don't have a clue.

Christy Sports is pretty good. Also like Ride a lot.

I have pretty much the Mens style of those bindings and I love them! Best bindings I have ever owned. The wedge pad is an amazing design, it acts as a toe riser and I like that in a binding so Im not dragging my toe everytime I turn. I say go for it. She should like it. Also best part is you can use the toe strap as a toe strap or a regular strap, which is cool.

Just all around great binding in my eyes.

Ride makes good bindings, I'd say go for it. I got my lady a set of Burton Citizens that have that toe riser (burton calls them gas pedals) and she love's 'em.

Well the ride has the Wedgy tech. It cambers feet to center of board making it easier on knees.

I LOVE my Ride bindings, even though they are a few years old......ok more than a few. I've always ridden Ride bindings though. Tried a few others, always went back. GET 'EM

i recently bought a ride package deal this year and my board came with a pair of ride nitrane contradands and they are the biggest pieces of junk i have ever seen i still havent even used them because im afraid they are going to break i know they are a different design then what you are looking at but they use the same shitty rachet setup also i have seen those webbed rubber toe straps break so many times its not funny and that will ruin your day riding with no toe strap because its torn apart

just test fitting them on my boot i stripped out two of the teeth on the strap tightening them up

never will i buy another pair of ride bindings

BUT i do love my ride boots and board

i love my flux bindings most high quality bindings i have ever owned i have been riding them for 3 years and i have never replaced one single thing on them you should at least check them out they are so beefy and they look good as hell too i get compliments on mine everytime i go up i recommend them to everyone i talk to

http://www.flux-bindings.com/en/index.html

my gf works at colorado ski and golf and im always in there talking to those guys and they all swear by k2s and salamons also some other brands to consider

sorry for the long post just throwin my 2 cents out there

good luck

well here is her new setup...
Arbor Push board
Ride DvA bindings
9e1d4fc4.jpg

I've never seen the fascination with strapping your feet to a plank and falling down a mountain. Two planks though, now thats fun............:D
yeah i dont get it much either. going for my first time on xmas i think....
im hoping i dont get hurt too bad, but ill be content with being alive

You have her toes pointing opposite directions (duck stance) there is endless discussion about it on snowboard forums, I don't like it. I think it puts strain on the back knee if you are bombing down open bowls. If she is goofing around in the park, which I don't do, then it may be better. I like the back foot at about +5degrees and the front foot at about +15 or so, but then I don't ride much fakie at all.

I don't know anything about those bindings, but if they are any good they should have several little micro adjustments. Those can make a big difference in comfort and power transmission. There should be an adjustment to tilt the highbacks forward, which will give her twice the power on a heel turn and keep her knees bent for a toe turn. And they in all likelihood would not have been set that way from the manufacturer, they would be neutral or straight up.

I mostly ski now but boarded for about 12 years or so.

it looks worse in that pic than it actually is.
she isnt a park rider or anything. and thats how she felt most comfortable in them so thats how the shop set em up for her.
we boarded on x-mas and she loved how it felt. said biggest difference was teh front strap going on toe of boots instead of on top, but ill let her know what ya said and see if she tries any adjustments when she goes up this next weekend :thumbup:

Strap on the front of the toe is a good move because it pushes the boot into the back of the binding where it should be. Really want it kind of on the curve at the top of the toes, so it holds it down, and back. It will probably deform a bit with a cup so it sits there better. Not tight enough to bend the boot though, which really doesn't take all that much.

Both feet oriented forwards is more applicable when busting through high speed crud, which she may not do, so no worries if she is comfortable there. There are actual degree markers on most bindings, and or there will be teeth. The screws are probably a posi #3 or a phillips #3, carrying a short handled screwdriver in your pack is a good idea especially till you know the screws are seated. (in your pocket, not so much :)

ya she does it right on the corner. she adjusted it each run til she found what worked best. and right on the corner gave her best comfort and support. the way the front strap is designed is really cool.
she is going with a friend next weekend who has been out a lot so hopefully she can really get after it and try things out instead of trying to teach me lol

ya she is just into cruising down the mountain, real chill and relaxed so no fast stuff or park rides

right on. fyi there is also frequantly a tool bench off to the side at the top of some lifts with screwdrivers chained up for public use if you don't have a portable. Def check to make sure the screws are tight in the first few rides, don't want one binding coming out.

ya i had one of mine come loose and used one of those. im pretty anal about checking everything all the time....must be from driving the jeep?! :gee: lol

no kidding huh, I found a few loose nuts in the engine bay last night.

Hey you know anything about my tstat q in the thread below? I'm running out of time, have to pick something and go with it in an hour or two.

Back