• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

for uwharrie vets.

crashzx6r

NAXJA Forum User
so my xj is not titled (i have title) taged or insured. ive been to uwharrie and never noticed any equipment in the forest rangers trucks to run tags...ive always used my dailydrivin xj t wheel now i got a trailer rig but it is still street legal and has a inspection sticker. they say you have to have fully licensed, taged and registered vehicle to use the gravel roads as connecting roads to trails wonder if i put my tag of my truck on the jeep if they will bother me? just curious how strict they are...lol im thinkin they see a tag, they aint gonna say wait i think he has a ficticious tag thats not a a registered vehicle...lol just curious on what yall think.

planin on a trip to bash my xj in two weeks. but dont wanna tag it yet. i really have no use to tag it. just dont wanna get there and end up in a big mess....and has anyone been lately i havent been in about two years...wonder how kodak rock and rocky mount are doing...

Far as I know Rangers cant run your plate, unless maybe they call it into the cops, but y would they do that? I think youd be fine. I know quite a few people that swap plates on trailer or plates between 2 Jeeps.
Id assume if they see a registered plate they wouldnt question it.

wonder if i put my tag of my truck on the jeep if they will bother me?
I've heard of the authorities confiscating the plates from the vehicle if it is not the proper one that goes to the vehicle in question. They will also remove the inspection sticker (if your state has em) if that's the case also.
It's your dime .... me, I would not chance it.

we've been stopped there before. we were legit but just letting you know that they will check you out if they're there. They were sitting at a trailhead on the road when we were coming off the trail, no avoiding them.

I don't know about NC but SC i just insured and registered mine and it cost 30 to insure, 25 to register, and 18 in taxes. So it cost some cash now but if you do get caught then it could cost a lot more and a whole lot of headache.

Plus i think they might get suspecious if you trailer your rig up there and leave the trailer rig somewhere with no plates.

so my xj is not titled (i have title) taged or insured. ive been to uwharrie and never noticed any equipment in the forest rangers trucks to run tags...ive always used my dailydrivin xj t wheel now i got a trailer rig but it is still street legal and has a inspection sticker. they say you have to have fully licensed, taged and registered vehicle to use the gravel roads as connecting roads to trails wonder if i put my tag of my truck on the jeep if they will bother me? just curious how strict they are...lol im thinkin they see a tag, they aint gonna say wait i think he has a ficticious tag thats not a a registered vehicle...lol just curious on what yall think.
The Rangers are not set up to run tags but State Troopers are and I have ran across them on the gravel roads in the past.

Back