• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOR SALE: 1986 Cherokee and full width axle combo. MUST SEE !!!

jeep_87_cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
FOR SALE : is a red 1986 jeep cherokee XJ that i planned on building into a full width xj, i would be willing to sell just the full width axles, just the cherokee or together as a "you put it together" package.

click on pics for larger image

BEFORE I GO INTO DETAILS : the jeep is located in Waverly IL and it will be pickup only and you will need a trailer to move this jeep. all prices are asking prices, and i will be willing to work out the prices with you if you are seriously interested. i do have title for Cherokee

Prices : stock jeep WITHOUT full width axles $325

fullwidth axles ford 9" and HP DANA 44 ,
$300 WITHOUT wheels/tires , $380 WITH wheels/tires

for stock jeep AND full width axles $800
WITH 31" tires and wheels for the full width axles $860

DETAILS :

THE JEEP: i purchased this jeep from a guy down the road, he had this jeep since he was 16. when he owned this jeep he got in to a fender bender that just slighty bent the bumper, broke the trim around the head light, slighty bent the fender and somehow the doors need re-aligned. the interior of the cherokee is red, but seriously it is filthy and the carpet should be removed. i have torn the dash out because it was so busted. the steering wheel mounts are still intact after i tore out the dash. the front seat were a bit rip and have been removed, but i can get then back. the back seats are still intact and inside the jeep. the console is laying in the back, but it prolly has a few cracks in it, the least to say is that the interior is in need of attention. i have pulled up the carpet and rubber mat to see that there is no rust on the floor pan and transmission tunnel. the exterior of the cherokee is in fairly good condition, the only issue is when u open the front doors it rubs the fender. another issue would be the passenger side fender has a dent from the traffic incident. since i purchase this jeep i havent tried to start it and i would believe it has a few vaccum problem off of the carb. the engine is a 2.8L V6 with over two hundred thousand miles. i think the transmission is a 3 speed automatic that in the past years has had a new torque converter and a rebuild kit installed. the transfer case is what i believe is a NP242 WITH A SYE !!! it has the select track model transfer case. i front axle is a vaccum dissconnect HP dana 30 with 3.55:1 ratio ring and pinion. the rear axle is a NON C-clip Dana 35 with 3.55:1 ratio ring and pinion. the rear drive shaft is not included. this cherokee does have a stout hitch. other kool things is that on the back glass there is a papa roach sticker from when they where a garage band and theres a picture of a "smiley" sperm that when his jeep got dirty we would write with our fingures "matt's sperm" and draw an arrow to the sticker. yea and my dad took off the stupid ass "batman" fog lights.

THE FULL WIDTH AXLES : these are a matching pair of axles that were removed out of a fullsize bronco. the dana 44 is high pinion. the front axle comes with all stock sterring linkage and track bar. the dana 44 has the radius arm setup. the steering knuckles are a bit rusted. the gear ratio on the axles are unknown to me because i didnt check them. the wheels on the axles are spray painted wagon wheels. the tires size are 31x10.50-15. the wheel pattern is 5 x 5.5.

if interested please feel free to PM me.

Thanks, jeep_87_cherokee

jerics4life said:
good deal

YEA, lol so some one should buy it.

heres some updated photos
click on photos for larger view.

YES !!!!! IT HAS A SYE ...IT HAS A SYE ...

IT HAS A SYE !!!!!

but yea make me an offer.

Thanks for looking- if interested feel free to PM me, jeep_87_cherokee

Back