• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FOB Lindsey, Afghanistan

Minagera

NAXJA Forum User
Currently at FOB Lindsey outside of Kandahar, and just wanted to get some photos up of the place for a few that have asked.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

Bahgram Air Base.

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

Just a few from the air.

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0474.JPG

That is the room and my view from the doorway. Highest place in camp almost...

IMG_0476.JPG

That is the joke of a internet service, however it is internet. I pay $90 for on month, and I get up to 256k down. Now let me put that in perspective. That is 5 time dial up speed. That is 1/40th of your standard cable internet connection.

Anyway, it isn't bad here, just keeping my head down. Kandahar Air Field, a NATO Base, has had some incoming, but nothing major. Generally at night you will see flares pop at KAF, which is 5 miles as the crow flies. That and hear the C5M's, Massive Plane, take off or the A-10 Warthogs...

Later,

Matthew Mueller
ARSIC-S
FOB Lindsey
APO, AE 09355

Keep your head down, and come back in one piece.

Some awesome aerial pictures!
I guess Coffee isn't high on your priorities...,lol

mark

Stay safe! Post up more pictures if you can those are awsome shots.

How did you get so lucky to get the penthouse? Stay safe. What is your job/MOS?

How did you get so lucky to get the penthouse? Stay safe. What is your job/MOS?

Just living well. Good out good in.

Design and implement virtual server infrastructure.

2 month job man, but here a year to support it.

Thats a good job. Stay busy and don't use a calendar, it makes the year seem longer, and give a holler if ya need something that you cant get there.

Send me the keys to the jeep i ll make sure it shifts in to 4low and i ll test out any flaws..
:)

mark

Just living well. Good out good in.

Design and implement virtual server infrastructure.

2 month job man, but here a year to support it.

Is that a networking job for their computer system?

Thats a good job. Stay busy and don't use a calendar, it makes the year seem longer, and give a holler if ya need something that you cant get there.

x2 I think we could get a package together if you need it.

Send me the keys to the jeep i ll make sure it shifts in to 4low and i ll test out any flaws..
:)

mark

Ha, you are funny. I have a buddy taking care of it right now, so it doesn't sit. Though the drivers door is, well, falling off for lack of a better word. The hinge isn't part of the body anymore. A little gangster.

Oh you know it. I am keeping my head down and just rock on the job. Soon it will be at an end and I can build the jeep. Also I appreciate the offer for the package, right now I think I am set, but who knows. Ghost, same goes for you bro.

Is that a networking job for their computer system?

Well kind of. Basically I am putting all the servers they have around here physically on three physical boxes. Consolidation of there infrastructure. Then I have to work on making sure everything still talks the way it is supposed to, and iron out everything with a tidy backup solution.

A long way of saying I am a big geek.

Anyway, we have a sand storm rolling in it seems, so I am going to get this out while the internet is still up.

Later,

Matt

Those pics look familiar... I was in kaf in '08, and I also went to baghram and bastion. I see they've improved the billeting! What unit are you with?

Well billeting really hasn't gotten any better. I am a contractor over here, and these CHU's were paid for by my company. Don'y worry KAF still sucks, I dread going over there. Like going to Bahgram except hotter, maybe 2/3rds the people.

I don't blame you for dreading KAF... Is it still the most disorganized base in the country? I guess being a civilian has it's percs! When we got there all of us Marines had to live in tents.

I don't blame you for dreading KAF... Is it still the most disorganized base in the country? I guess being a civilian has it's percs! When we got there all of us Marines had to live in tents.

That is so true. KAF is by FAR the most disorganized base in from all the AOR.

Being a civie has it perks, but there are down sides to you. All the same, doing well here on the FOB.

Ya know, some of this would be good minus the whole fight and gunfire thing.

From what I hear that place is an off roaders dream minus all the gunfire. :wave1:

Back