• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FM Transmitter

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
I know some of you are into tech and electronics. I am looking for something, sub-150$ hopefully for home or wherever. A friend of mine has a nice "pro-grade", forget the brand, one that he uses at his place, but definitely spendy. I have been checking out Amazon, ebay etc. There are some that look alright, and figure a low=priced one will either work or not. But, would rather not spend unnecessary funds on something that does not work. Thanks in advance.
Saw a few portable/batt operated ones, not sure if any good.

Yes, I know bluetooth exists, however the FM transmitter will extend the signal further.

I want to be able to basically broadcast whatever audio I have plugged into the unit on any/every radio/receiver I have around the house/property.

volume5.jpg

having a Hard Harry moment?

I dont know exactly what your expecting for range, But a buddy and I both have these
http://www.amazon.com/Excelvan-Tran...83981&sr=8-1&keywords=excelvan+fm+transmitter

I use it in my Jeep (stock stereo) and He uses his in multiple work trucks (music Via Iphone)
Works great, Digitally pick any FM station.. occasional momentary interference, But not like the old days of FM transmitters

I did find that I could get about 100ft of range with it.. as I was swapping parts between two Jeeps, and had both stereo's on the same channel with absolute clarity..

Again.. Just my own experience

How big is your property? I guess I'd rather have a distributed audio setup. Can get $$ tho.
I live on 1.5 acres, but it is not MY property. Of course, I would like to run a nice audio setup, however do not have the time/money for that.
I dont know exactly what your expecting for range, But a buddy and I both have these
http://www.amazon.com/Excelvan-Tran...83981&sr=8-1&keywords=excelvan+fm+transmitter
Basically, something like that. Looks to be low-priced. Any experience with that one?
I use it in my Jeep (stock stereo) and He uses his in multiple work trucks (music Via Iphone)
Works great, Digitally pick any FM station.. occasional momentary interference, But not like the old days of FM transmitters

I did find that I could get about 100ft of range with it.. as I was swapping parts between two Jeeps, and had both stereo's on the same channel with absolute clarity..

Again.. Just my own experience

I was looking at those, most of the reviews were not good. But glad to hear real use.

Back