• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flush mount reverse lights?

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to put some lights in a set of steel boxes we got from the farmer. Don't want anything bigger than 2" around, and want them to be fairly bright. Any suggestions? Led's come to mind, but I hear they don't spread light real well. Halogens seem to be a good answer, just haven't found anything that has a flush mount yet.

OneTonXJ said:
Looking to put some lights in a set of steel boxes we got from the farmer. Don't want anything bigger than 2" around, and want them to be fairly bright. Any suggestions? Led's come to mind, but I hear they don't spread light real well. Halogens seem to be a good answer, just haven't found anything that has a flush mount yet.

I would use some back up lights from a big rig. They put out a buch of light and are easy to get a hold of.

I would stay away from LEDs for reverse lights. Like you said, they will not throw out the light very well. They will be bright but they wont light up a very big area.

Your best bet would be halogen lights. Flood beams seem to work the best for reverse lights.

Try a tractor supply store or someplace that deals with big construction equipment or like mentioned above, a store that sells stuff for big rigs.

Most of the lights are not going to be flush mount but I'm pretty sure I've seen them around at places that sell the previously mentioned stuff.

You can use some of the "white" 2" lights made for side markers on a big truck for reverse lights. Try going to the local BIG truck stop and look over in the acc. isles. The ones that you are looking for are used mainly as add ons on the "skirting" on the big trucks. The Diesel brand ones seem to be the brightest.

Did you find something dumb butt? I picked up some light that might work at the local crappy parts store. Might be able to find something there, but they won't be ready made for flush mounting.

Mine look like these:
505303h.jpg

but are more like 1.75"X2.5". I would have to measure and I'm to lazy right now.
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3151A&mfrcode=APC&mfrpartnumber=505303H

Back