• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flowmaster Question/Opinions?

so, from measuring the case, my buddie's is a 40 series. Which one, I have no idea. it's on a 94YJ with a 4.0. But he's also got no tailpipe, and I know that will contribute to the volume and harshness.

XJack, with the 70 series, is it noticeable that there is soemthing different about your cherokee? Like no mistaking a performance exhaust?

over2land said:
XJack, with the 70 series, is it noticeable that there is soemthing different about your cherokee? Like no mistaking a performance exhaust?

I *think* the FM70SUV only comes in 2.5" and larger. Intake and header and will help you to fill it, it's huge under the belly pan. I'd say you're gonna lose torque w/ big pipes and stock intake and exhaust manifold. Opening up the 4.0L needs to be done at both ends. :twocents:

Idle is a healthy, low toned grumble - sounds very much like a stock V-8 exhaust at idle.

On acceleration, you'll know it's a 4.0L with some mods, as it has a similar resonance as the stock exhuast, but at a lower/smoother octave.

FWIW, I used to have a down bend in the tailpipe, and it was much deeper, but was also annoying on the highway. Straight exit got me clearance and reduced highway noise/drone to slightly higher than stock. M/T's make more noise than the 70.

I've got FIPK in the works for the truck.

And, some tricks in the TB department too. That'll be the extent of it for a while though. Then I go on to body/suspension, and work on the 35's.

The MT's being louder is a good comparison. So I know my noise level isn't going up.

And, yes it is only in 2.5". I checked on it in the interim. I can't see going less than 2.5" on the exhaust. I was under the truck, and turns out it's got a Random cat on it already. Looks like a 3". But the muffler looks stock, or off the shelf parts store. Also, there are some flat spots in the exhaust from impacts... so I wanna go with new.

How bout the 50? I imagine just slightly louder than MT's on the highway?

KingOfTheHill said:
get an IMCO... their new to the market, and the local muffler shop said "try it, if you dont like it, i'll swap it for a flowmaster free"

i LOVE it... looks identical but you have that TONE at 65mph on the freeway!.... man i love my IMCO muffler....

JOe

IMCO? what series?

Back