• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floor pans and dry ice

I used this on another Jeep a couple years ago and it worked OK. Is there a better way? I'm thinking heat would just make a big mess.

I'm not getting what you are talking about. Maybe something in the later models?
I use a coarse wire wheel on an angle grinder for most things, everything from undercoating to mastic and even rust. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Grind...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
If you try out a coarse wire wheel wear eye protection, even better is a face shield. Sometimes the wires fly off, I've had to remove them from my hide with pliers.

Yes, I just decided to paint over them. I put two coats of bed liner after cutting out and welding in a few plates to mitigate the usual rust.

I know 98-2000s have these tar mats on the floor boards. They should have just covered the entire pans with this stuff.

Back