• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FlatNasty ORP Nov. 15th and 16th

Bounty Hunter

NAXJA Forum User
A few of us are headed to FlatNasty near Salem MO on November 15th and 16th if anybody is interested. We'll be running moderate trails with a lot of 'optional' hard trails thrown in.

FlatNasty has a nice cabin for rent on the property, and primitive camping. There's camping with hookups nearby, as well as cabins. Great little gas station just down the road in Jadwin that has a mean hot breakfast.

Been there, done that! Its a wild camp, the gas station breakfast is AWESOME (at least it was 3 years ago....) and the cabin is very nice. You can comfortably sleep 9 guys in there. I did. Cafeful on sleeping in the living room just right of the door.....a buddy of mine puked his guts there.

Just an FYI - their webpage is showing a "moon in the boonies" event those two days. Not sure if this is what you were going for but thought I would point it out.
Just curious about flatnasty (never been there thus the checking out their website) what kind of trails do they have? easy to insane or what could I expect there? I have only really been to the Badlands in Attica so if you can campare to that it would be great.

Just an FYI - their webpage is showing a "moon in the boonies" event those two days. Not sure if this is what you were going for but thought I would point it out.
Just curious about flatnasty (never been there thus the checking out their website) what kind of trails do they have? easy to insane or what could I expect there? I have only really been to the Badlands in Attica so if you can campare to that it would be great.

Moon in the Boonies is an ATV and side-by-side run that begins at 8pm, we'll be off the trails by then.

Flatnasty has everything from easy to extreme, and the trails are accurately rated on 3 levels. It's beautiful country down there around the Ozark National Scenic Riverways, and the park reflects this beauty and ruggedness. There's less mud than the Badlands, and a lot more trails. Steep trails in places. Definitely worth the drive.

Thanks BountyHunter. We were near there in June when everything was flooded down around there. I hope to get out there one of these days just a little more work on the XJ to get it really ready.

Back