• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flares

vabeach01xj said:
okay so the tjs dont look bad biut how much can you trim and how much more clearence can you get with them

I think you can get a lot of room after the TJ flairs are done. I have a RE 4.5 lift with 33" MT/R's and have pleanty of room.

I agree with Beej. I think the TJ flairs look bad. They look good in the back, but the front is a whole different thing. Both the front and back TJ flairs look bad, IMO.
I have been pulled over several times for lack of flairs, but have never been given a ticket. You can see my entire rear tire from the back, and about 5'' of the tire stick out the side. The only reason I have been pulled over is because the cops were right behind me when I went through a puddle and it shot a rooster tail out at them. Now that I have another car to drive if its raining I dont think Im going to put any flairs on. Anything will get ripped off, so Im not going to throw away money on something like that.
BTW, this is in California, where they are suposedly strick about flairs. I have never been bothered by the CHP at all, and have driven next to several of them, without being bothered.

Dont buy flares, make them! Lawn edging is a wonderful thing. I spent something like 50$ on mine and that bought me an air cut off wheel too.. and got me legal. Kinda justified buying more tools to the parents who think the minor obsession with the jeep is a bit rediculous... what do they know

P7220004.JPG

Ignore the rag... just blocking the plate from glare so I could actually get a pic.
P7220003.JPG

They were cheap, they work great, the bend if they hit something, and if I tear one off... I still have 20-30 ft of lawn edging to spare, just cut a new length and mount the new one up. :D

themangeraaad said:

dude, whats up with the tail pipe. i would have that smashed off in one trip!

Back