• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting 2500 front end parts:

looks good chris. What year zj are those seats from? was the install hard?

i like it, and i want a sunroof was it a factory option? was it hard to install? can it be don to an XJ?

yes it came factory. I would be installing one in mine if i didnt need/want my overhead console.

BTW anything can be done to an xj. As long as you have the time and money.

The seats were from an '05 Grand iirc. I bolted them to 97+ XJ sliders and welded in the floor humps (that were also removed from a 97 XJ) to bolt the seats in. The carpet is also from the same XJ. The sunroof was in the truck when I first owned it years ago, so I don't know if it's OE or it was installed after-market in the past 20 years. If I was to take a guess I would say after-market because this truck had no options 2wd, 4cyl, no PS.

-Chris

And blue, whats up with the same picture as JeepCherokeeBoy? Thats kinda weird. :)

my buddies xj is a 91 and came with no options either but had the sun roof as OEM. Manual windows and door locks. no cruise control etc.

Well I got it out on it's maiden voyage this past weekend and it got to see the light for the first time in 6 months. Speedo doesn't work and it's got a rear main leak but other than that everything else checked out good!
New glass going in with 97+ rubber seal.
DSC00864.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

-Chris

Looks good! Do you have to make any modifications to fit the 97+ rubber seal?

Looks good! Do you have to make any modifications to fit the 97+ rubber seal?

No mods necessary. When the glass guy came out to do the window he removed all the little plastic clips that the stock metal trim hooked to and put the new rubber seal around the glass and glued it in.

-Chris

Well now it's 4wd and has a little bit of lift. I'm going to get the exhaust done tomorrow and after the bed liner. I think I'm done with it for a while.
Getting ready to cut the hole for the markers.
DSC00882.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

Sticking on the letters.
DSC00888.jpg

And out in the street at a buddies house!
DSC00910.jpg

-Chris

Well I still have to do some bumpers..... so, I guess I'm not 100% done.

if they came out with that look in the US... i'd buy it, in the truck version. that's a good lookin rig!

It just needs the newer mirrors and I think it'd be awesome.
Noted!
It does look better with the newer mirrors and power ones to boot!
DSC00919.jpg

Props to the guys that scored the Rubicon Express Long Arm XJ Kit at the pick-n-pull! You dirty bastards!

-Chris

Last edited:
Back