• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting 2500 front end parts:

Come on it's been over a year since the first order and 6 months since last..... Did any of you guys ever toss the stuff on yet? I'll start naming names, where the pics at? I know Bvillegt and Jeepcherokeeboy did what about the other 20 people?

damn I've been into Jeeps long enough to think I've seen everything put into a XJ or MJ... but that system sentry boggles my mind...

How did they sense fluid levels? did they use special T-cases trans and difs or did they drill and tap them for each sensor?

Anyone have one of those they'd sell for "I might put it on some day but probably not" cheap?

The sentry has extra sensors on the brakes as well as the diffs are tapped for sensors. I'm not going to go through the hassel of hooking it up. I did manage to get the backlight and "all systems ok" light working. I'm trying to get the clock to work but it seems that there might be something wrong with it.

chris that thing is only cool if it actually works with all of the right sensors, otherwise it's like carrying a fake cellphone

Great, so your saying is like having a sock stuffed in my shorts. :) I actually do have all the sensors for it except the brake pad ones. I'm not really into drilling holes in the diff's except for air lines. When all the systems are ok the only light on is the "OK" light near the top. Since I swapped out most of the stock 4cyl MJ harness for a 91'ish 4.0 harness it's just not worth the hassle to try to graft a bunch of extra 86 stuff on it as well.

Come on it's been over a year since the first order and 6 months since last..... Did any of you guys ever toss the stuff on yet? I'll start naming names, where the pics at? I know Bvillegt and Jeepcherokeeboy did what about the other 20 people?

I think most of em got to scared to do the swap. Thats right, i said it...SCARED!!! scared lil Chickens!:scared:

...maybe that will get them to post :rolleyes:

Great, so your saying is like having a sock stuffed in my shorts. :) I actually do have all the sensors for it except the brake pad ones. I'm not really into drilling holes in the diff's except for air lines. When all the systems are ok the only light on is the "OK" light near the top. Since I swapped out most of the stock 4cyl MJ harness for a 91'ish 4.0 harness it's just not worth the hassle to try to graft a bunch of extra 86 stuff on it as well.

I'll put it on my beater if you're too scared to do it to yours

;)

I can't take all this peer pressure.

If you don't mind a dusty garage, poor lighting picture?
DSC00760.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

And I did find a way to mount the lamps but I'm still working on the adjusters. As soon as I get the driveline done the fuel lines back in it, I'll wash her off and get some better pictures..... I've been busy working on the Packard for the past few weeks and need to get rolling on the MJ again.

you ever get this finished and put together

did ANYBODY get theirs finished??

I've had a major setback on mine, but am back on track now. I am going to do mine like Chris did his. The fenders just don't fit like I want them to. I will post pics soon, hopefully.

Here is my semi-finished MJ. Still got to do the lift but it's running and driving again. It was more of a total rebuild, would of been easier if it was just the nose. And it's really dusty in the pics but next week I'll get some good outside shots. My buddy Jake and I are going to build some simple bumpers for it in a few weeks.

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

The lamps are bolted in and the adjusters are usable!

thats a nice fit chris. Good job.

ya i know what you mean. I took the header and headlights on and off at least 30 times lol

Well I managed to get the headliner redone and the interior buttoned up this weekend. Seems like the weekend is never long enough!
Laying on the new material.
DSC00856.jpg

All glued down.
DSC00857.jpg

Installed in the truck - And finished installing the sunroof.
DSC00860.jpg

Grand seats
DSC00859.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

-Chris

Back