• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First Regional Trail Ride of 09?

I might be there as well, it depends on how well my move goes in the next couple of weeks!

can i have fun in my locked/cutup trail only xj there? or is it a job for the dd tj on 35s?

From what I was told its an area for the tj.

Who's campin?????

Ok so I just got off the phone with the guy from LBL. We will be camping at Turkey Bay. The camping is first come, first serve (lets keep the puns to a minimum there) and is $8 per sleeping unit (jeep, tent, camper) for the first night a $7 of each additional night. This a primitive camp site; no electricity or water. (I think there is a bath house though) Now if enough people are interested we could all split the cost of a bunk house at one of the other camp sites. (4 person bunk house would be $8.75 per person and the 8 person would be $6.88 a person) For right now though we will plan to just camp at Turkey Bay unless there is enough interest in the bunk house. Riding permits are $15 for the 1-3 day pass. There are no passenger fees. Before anyone asks no there is not a one day only pass for less $$$.

They reserve the right to close the trails on a daily bases due to trails being to wet. This is to prevent damage to the trails, riders, and erosion issues. So we will have to play this by ear as we get closer to the date. Hopefully the weather will work in our favor for that week.

For those of you in the Nashville area who would like to all meet up and ride out there together on friday I would suggest we could all meet up at LP field parking lot. Big enough area to get a group photo, decent mid way point for us all to meet, direct access to gas and interstate. Here is a google map from LP field to Turkey Bay to give you an idea about time and distance. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=S+2nd+St&daddr=Turkey+bay+OHV+%4036.759930,-88.085373&hl=en&geocode=Fd_fJwId9_3T-g%3BFXrpMAIdg-y_-g&mra=mr&mrcr=0&sll=36.1534,-86.694489&sspn=0.518941,0.878906&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=10

Last edited:
Thanks for getting the info. Camp out friday the 30th, ride all day saturday the 31st. Trails close at sunset I believe.

Im working that day (unless i decide to take it off)...so I may not get there until later, like after dinner time. Depending upon when my friend can leave work also.

i'm a noob on here, but would love to tag along. i doubt i'll have my XJ ready (just bought it last week), so i'd just bring my TJ. i've been wanting to check out LBL for a while now. i've probably got a few friends that would go too, if you don't mind a N. MS group... lol

Hell no we won't mind your SEC, the more the better right. Also anyone who is interested in splitting up the cost of a bunk house PM me and once I have enough interest I will call about availability. If you PM me please let me know how many and which nights you plan on staying.

what time Saturday is everyone going to meet up to ride (and where)? i'm debating on going up there that Friday after work, or just leaving early Sat. morning.

also, what do you all have for rigs, and what kind of trails are you going to run? my TJ has a 4" lift and 33s, equipped to go just about anywhere so i'm open to everything from mild to wild. i usually run 3s and 4s at SuperLift.

my last trip to SL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zphI39Xw4QM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6O799Q2wnc

I'll let you know hopefully tonight.

The nice thing is if we get 8 people in on it, it would be less per person. I'm sure if your just dieing to use that new tent heat of yours Mark you can. :D

O.K. not looking to drop the sympathy bomb on you guys.
I will not be making this one. My dads recently been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. He starts treatment tomorrow. Seems the folks knew before Christmas, but kept it quiet till the last minute. So I will be hanging around to help with things until we see how the treatment goes. He is a brave and proud man, as I am sure most dads are and does not want a lot of fuss. He even offered to foot the bill for my trip. (Ain’t happening) So, if all goes well, I think we will shot for the Crawl at MM in July. If all goes well, he might even join us. On a brighter note, he made me pull a small fur tree out of the front yard with the new winch.
He said I still need a snatch block. Small trees suck.:peace:

Back