• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First build and need assistance

The hd offroad made the first versions of shackle relocators for retail and they where a lift style. They gave better onroad ride and better flex offroad. The two were only because of the angle of the shackle not the location of the mount. Dropping the mount does have some side effects like the one i talked about.

The no lift relocators give a better on road ride and better flex offroad while maintaining the propper spring geometry the jeep was design to have.

If you look at a stock xj setup you will notice the shackle sits at about a 45* angle to the road. Most manufacturers of lift springs make them the stock length with more arch. That pulles the rear spring eye forward. Changing the angle of the shackle to be more verticle. Add a longer shackle to the equation and that angle is further increased more vertically. The shackle relocator is adjustable to acomadate many different shackle and spring options and reset the shackle to the proper angle.

Listen to the advice given here. Your engineer friend may be a car guy...but he's obviously not a Cherokee guy.

Shackle angle adjustment is needed anytime you put on longer shackles & or most rear lift springs. As noted before somewhere around a 45 degree angle is about right.

Does everyone run relocaters?...no...do you absolutely need them?...no...but the guys who do live a more comfortable life out on the trail and that's what matters to my ass & lower back lol

Listen to the advice given here. Your engineer friend may be a car guy...but he's obviously not a Cherokee guy.

Exactly what I was trying to explain.

Does everyone run relocaters?...no...do you absolutely need them?...no...but the guys who do live a more comfortable life out on the trail and that's what matters to my ass & lower back lol

This is essentially the heart of this post. How to improve the ride quality on what I already have. Minor adjustments and such.

Alright so I got a hold of Brian at HD Off road and he changed my order to a no lift version.

I am having trouble adjusting the sway bar? Doesn't seem to want to go up further? Anyone run into this? I will take pics of anything requested. There is a pic on page 1.

Those discor should easily have 4"+ left of adjustment out.

Btw Great looking dog. I have a 2yo Chocolate named Oscar.
c3f50604603e3082784c6b846ac1e975.jpg

Back